A short walk from Watsons Bay wharf sits Dunbar House, a historic Sydney mansion with foundations dating back to the 1830s. This handsome heritage estate is one of the city’s oldest buildings and is managed by a dedicated staff who look after all of the events.
“Dunbar House was absolutely fantastic as our wedding reception venue! We found it so easy to deal with their wonderful team, no question was too big or too small for them to answer. The staff on the night were exceptional, so attentive and professional. Food was out of this world, we had so many compliments on the delicious dishes Really beautiful venue and easy to work with and dress up, it's so well maintained it doesn't need a lot of extra decorations and details.” Amie L
The house itself has a range of thoughtfully designed interior spaces that can accommodate up to 150 guests, which you’ll have full access to with exclusive venue hire. The second floor is a gorgeous backup ceremony space in the case of inclement weather, with pre-reception drinks and canapes served on the upper-level harbour terrace and the reception held inside the main dining room.
For ceremony locations, couples are drawn towards the waterfront. With stunning views over the harbour, the lawn area sets a tone for breathtaking wedding ceremonies. You and your partner will clasp hands beneath a towering Moreton Bay Fig Tree in Robertson Park, your loved ones gathered around you. Golden hour strikes this area and effuses the house grounds with soft, dreamy light, which is perfect for your wedding photos.
Dunbar House is owned and operated by Grand Pacific Group – of acclaimed The Tea Room QVB, Gunners’ Barracks and Sergeants’ Mess.
What you’ll love about Dunbar House Sydney:
- Exclusive hire of the entire venue. You aren’t restricted to one area when you hold your wedding at Dunbar House; they offer exclusive hire of the whole venue. You and your guests will be able to utilise both floors of the building and the expansive grounds.
- Hotel discounts and packages. Dunbar House is affiliated with the Hilton Sydney, offering romance accommodation packages for newlyweds (additional to packages), specially designed to complete your perfect day. Alternatively, they recommend Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel, located within a short walking distance.
- World-class dining experience. Head chef Rob Crichton creates menus using fresh seasonal produce. Dishes combine British and Asian cuisine elements, and the catering team strives for innovation in every menu they create.
Highlights of Dunbar House Sydney:
- World-class dining and elegant decor
- Heritage Sydney mansion
- Waterfront ceremony location