Wedding venue snapshot:
- Located 15 minutes from the CBD and 10 minutes from the airport
- A backdrop of Sydney Harbour and the city skyline
- Speciality gardens, lush lawns, heritage buildings, and romantic pavilions
- 8,000 species of plants, trees, and flowers from around the world
- Licensed for civil ceremonies
- Say “I do” in the oldest glasshouse, The Palm House, in New South Wales
- Choose from 12 breathtaking locations, including indoor and outdoor options, for your ceremony and/or your reception
- Create a unique set-up one of our premuim lawns
- Can provide your own catering or use one of the restaurants on-site
- BYO alcohol options available
Sydney’s Royal Botanic Garden is one of Australia’s most visited attractions and one of the most important historic botanical institutions globally, home to an exceptional collection of plants from Australia and overseas. Founded in 1816, the Royal Botanic Garden can be privately hired, ensuring your wedding day is that bit more extraordinary and out of this world.
Set against the stunning backdrop of Sydney Harbour and the city skyline, an oasis awaits: vibrant specialty gardens, rolling lawns, heritage buildings, and romantic pavilions – perfect for wedding ceremonies, receptions, and photography. Whether you’re looking for an intimate garden wedding ceremony venue or open spaces as an elegant setting for your wedding reception, the Garden’s event team can help make your vision a reality.
Celebrate your wedding day surrounded by natural beauty right in the heart of the city at one of Sydney’s most romantic outdoor venues. A short walk from Circular Quay and Hyde Park, the enchanting walled Royal Botanic Garden is a tranquil oasis, fringed by verdant expanse The Domain, a heritage-listed 84-acre area of open space. The venue has many beautiful areas available, including expansive lawns and speciality gardens featuring an exotic mix of shady heritage trees, cacti, succulents, and incredible wildlife such as colourful birds, fruit bats, and water dragons. In addition, the Royal Botanic Garden is on the edge of one of the world’s excellent natural harbours boasting clear-cut views of the city skyline, akin to New York’s Central Park vistas. With the marvellous, uninterrupted views of Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, The Royal Botanic Garden is the perfect wedding venue for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception as well as an ideal location for memorable photographs of you, your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
From the provocative rare and threatened plants of the world to the romantic rose garden and the oldest glasshouse in New South Wales, every bit of this iconic wedding venue stands out. Blooming and boosting incredible views all year round, the Royal Botanic Garden is the venue for a wedding your guests will never forget.