Rydges Sydney Central weddings have a signature style of sophistication. The minimalist interiors allow you to go all-out with the decor or keep it simple and understated - this Surry Hills hotel is the ultimate blank canvas for the wedding you’ve been waiting for.
Inside the Rydges Sydney Central hotel, there are numerous wedding spaces to hire on each floor. Popular choices are the Surry Rooftop with its floor-to-ceiling windows and two exclusive balconies, or the open-air Level 5 Terrace overlooking the hip Surry Hills suburb. Rydges provides cool contemporary locations for modern wedding receptions in Sydney CBD.
You’ll never fall short of photographic material for your Rydges Sydney Central wedding album. There are plenty of outdoor photo opportunities nearby including the picturesque boat lakes at Centennial Park, the classical water fountains at Hyde Park, the always stunning Royal Botanic Gardens, and the world-famous Sydney Opera House.
Top three things you’ll love about your wedding at Rydges Sydney Central:
- Location. This 4-star hotel wedding venue is located mere moments from Central Station yet it feels secluded in a village-like utopia. Your guests will arrive with ease and enjoy the colourful Surry Hills surroundings.
- Accommodation. Guests won’t need to worry about catching the last train when there are 309 boutique rooms on offer at Rydges Sydney Central. Expect supreme comfort and special discounted rates for guests.
- Affordability. Sydney CBD weddings in sought after locations can often come with a hefty price tag. Fear not, as the all-inclusive wedding package at Rydges Sydney Central hotel starts at $99 per head, including full-service catering and venue hire.
Choose from eight wedding reception rooms at Rydges Sydney Central:
- Oxford I & II. This is the largest and most versatile function suite on offer in this Surry Hills hotel wedding venue, with balcony access, a retractable wall, and all the latest AV equipment included. Your wedding day will flow without a hitch in this modern wedding reception space that suits up to 220 seated 320 standing.
- Surry Rooftop. This swish high rise setting for your Sydney CBD wedding features an abundance of natural light, three private balconies, and a built-in bar. Up to 140 seated guests or 230 standing guests will be spellbound by its mesmerising views over the Sydney city centre and Surry Hills.
- Albion Room. An intimate wedding reception space laced with state of the art amenities that are perfect for an indoor Sydney wedding ceremony or reception. The jazzy striped carpets reflect the cosmopolitan vibe of the hotel’s location. Invite up to 50 for a seated banquet or host a cocktail party for 100.
- Crown Room. One of the largest function spaces in the hotel on level one, with attractive wraparound windows that overlook leafy tree canopies. The room is woven with cutting edge technology, including a ceiling-mounted projector screen and dimmable LED lights. Suits up to 110 seated and 175 standing guests.
- Riley Room. For a small Sydney wedding, you could opt for this ground floor room. With direct access to the hotel foyer and a private balcony, this intimate wedding venue at Rydges Sydney Central is ideal for 50 seated and 90 standing.
- Taylor Room. A bright and airy event space that offers flexibility with a range of room set up styles. The stylish striped carpet and botanical views create a warm and welcoming environment for 60 seated guests or 90 standing.
- The Cinema. Add an interactive element to your wedding day in the private cinema at Rydges Sydney Central. This recently refurbished 50-seat screening room makes a great break out space for children or a unique location for wedding speeches.
- Level 5 Terrace. This hidden secret in the heart of the Surry Hills is a beautiful space for your outdoor Sydney wedding. The open-air terrace fits 40 seated and 70 standing, and provides another reason to look no further than Rydges Sydney Central hotel.
Here’s what else you need to know about Rydges Sydney Central weddings:
- You’ll be assisted by an experienced wedding coordinator
- All wedding packages are customised to meet your needs
- There’s a 15m indoor pool, spa and fitness centre on-site
- Full lift access to all levels of Rydges Sydney Central
- Discounted parking spaces for the wedding party
How much does a wedding at Rydges Sydney Central cost?
The ‘Just Married’ all-inclusive reception package starts from a reasonable $99 per head, for a minimum number of 50 guests. This includes room hire, a selection of canap?s and drinks on arrival, a three-course set menu, tea and coffee, and a four-hour beverage service. It doesn't stop there, as you’ll be given a dedicated wedding coordinator, a complimentary food tasting, a dance floor, and one night’s accommodation in the bridal suite.
What’s the accommodation at Rydges Sydney Central like?
The stylish urban accommodation near Central Station has been recognised nationally for the past five years as a finalist for the ‘Sydney Superior Accommodation Hotel Of The Year’ in the TAA Tourism Accommodation Australia Awards. As you might imagine, each of the 309 spacious rooms are fully equipped with everything your wedding guests might need for a restful night’s sleep in Surry Hills. The best part is, they’ll be offered a discounted rate!
What are some of the nearby attractions to Rydges Sydney Central?
- The Surry Hills lively restaurant and bar scene
- Queen Victoria Building shopping centre
- Chinatown’s vibrant food halls
- Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney
- Australian Museum Sydney
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Sydney CBD
Is Rydges Sydney Central a nice place for a wedding?
Yes. Rydges Sydney Central is praised for its flexible indoor and outdoor wedding spaces, brilliant accommodation options, and its unrivalled location on the cusp of the Sydney CBD. If you’re looking for a modern hotel wedding in the Surry Hills, make sure you have this wedding venue on your radar.