Nestled under the world-famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, Pier One Sydney Harbour in Walsh Bay is an exceptional waterfront wedding venue and luxury 5-star hotel with three immaculate event spaces for your dream day. The venue’s picturesque pontoon location floats above tranquil waters and enjoys panoramic views of the iconic Sydney Harbour skyline.
Couples love Pier One Sydney Harbour for its desirable waterfront location and diverse function spaces both inside and out. Whether you’re after an indoor wedding reception looking out through floor-to-ceiling glass windows onto Sydney Harbour or Walsh Bay, or an alfresco ceremony in the marquee wedding venue under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Pier One has everything you hoped for.
There are lots of choices for your wedding flow at this scenic Sydney wedding venue. You might start the day with a unique outdoor wedding ceremony where the rippling waters meet the pier, with views of the Harbour Bridge behind you. Then welcome your guests into the Bridge Marquee, where they can sip on crisp glasses of champagne and gaze up at the looming Sydney Harbour Bridge. Later on, you could create the ultimate disco atmosphere as the sunset blazes into the Dawes Point Room. The Water Room is argueably Sydney's best waterfront venue, with panoramic views of the harbour, Luna Park , Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Opening windows and doors flow out to the pier and harbour for pre and post celebations.
Across the sprawling Pier One Sydney Harbour pontoon, there are limitless possibilities for wedding photography. Possible backdrops include the beautiful waterfront jetty, beneath the majestic Sydney Harbour Bridge, or some newlyweds decide to charter a private boat cruise around the harbour for spellbinding shots on the water.
Top 3 things you’ll love about your Pier One Sydney Harbour wedding:
- The Views. Pier One’s extraordinary vantage point enjoys sweeping views of Walsh Bay and Sydney Harbour. The venue promises stunning waterfront vistas from all angles.
- Flexibility. There are plenty of ceremony and reception options to choose from at Pier One. The elegant and spacious event rooms suit different guest capacities and layouts.
- The Location. Pier One Sydney Harbour is within walking distance of Circular Quay Station and a 20-minute drive to Sydney airport, so your guests can arrive seamlessly.
Choose from 3 ceremony reception options at Pier One Sydney Harbour:
- Dawes Point Room. A contemporary and fully equipped indoor function space with adaptable bi-fold doors to alter the capacity of the room. The wall of French doors open directly onto the pier and bring in lots of natural light. The neutral tones and attractive paisley carpets suit any theme. It fits up to 140 seated and 200 for a standing reception.
- Bridge Marquee. An outdoor marquee with copious amounts of natural lighting. Its spacious interior is topped with a clear perspex roof and removable walls so you can create an alfresco scene with plenty of airflow. The magnificent marquee is situated directly below the Sydney Harbour Bridge and fits up to 100 seated or 150 cocktail style.
- Water Room. An idyllic naturally lit function room with wraparound glass windows looking out onto Walsh Bay and Sydney Harbour. Its open-plan layout allows you to to play with different table and dance floor configurations. It’s a bright modern space on the waterfront that suits up to 180 seated or 350 for a standing cocktail reception.
What Pier One Sydney Harbour weddings are like:
- Experienced in-house Event Coordinators
- Direct access to the Pier One waterfront jetty, with boat access
- Plenty of natural light through large windows
- Wraparound views of Sydney Harbour and Walsh Bay
- Adaptable interiors for different table and dance floor setups
- Neutral carpets and subtle colour palettes to suit all themes
- Outdoor marquee wedding space by Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Ceremony, reception and photo opportunities all in one place
Here’s what else you need to know about Pier One Sydney Harbour weddings:
- Bespoke in-house wedding menus available
- Pier One Sydney Harbour is a pet-friendly venue
- Located just a 5-minute drive from Sydney CBD
- Exclusive use of your chosen wedding spaces
- Option for the couple to arrive by private boat
- 189 5-star hotel bedrooms for guests
- Valet parking is available
What is the hotel accommodation like at Pier One Sydney Harbour?
The 189 5-star hotel accommodation at Pier One Sydney Harbour features ultra-luxurious bedding, deluxe furnishings and expansive outdoor balconies overlooking Walsh Bay and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. They are also fitted with superb amenities like complimentary wifi, espresso machines, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs and 24-hour room service. Room upgrades can also include whirlpool baths, separate living areas and pet-friendly access to the pier.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Pier One Sydney Harbour?
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb
- Sydney Opera House
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Ferry to Manly Beach
- Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Luna Park Sydney
- Bondi Beach
Is Pier One Sydney Harbour a nice place for a wedding?
Absolutely! Couples admire Pier One Sydney’s immaculate waterfront setting and immediate views of the soaring Sydney Harbour Bridge. If you’re after an outdoor marquee wedding venue, or a luxury hotel wedding in an outstanding Sydney location, then Pier One Sydney Harbour is a must-see.
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is a Marriott Bonvoy property where you can earn loyalty points during your wedding and throughout your stay. Here are just a few highlights of a Marriott Bonvoy wedding:
- Personalised wedding & honeymoon planning
- Earn loyalty points throughout your wedding, bridal shower, or high tea
- Redeem points during your hens or bucks party
- Use points for your dream destination honeymoon
- Special offers for anniversary dinners after your wedding
- Access VIP experiences through Marriott Bonvoy Moments
- Exclusive member rates