The Calyx showcases the largest living wall in the southern hemisphere, making it an epic botanical wedding venue that impresses visitors all year round. After hours, the exhibition space can be hired privately and the spectacular central water feature is the perfect setting for ceremonies. You can also marry on The Rockery, Eucalypt and Fig Tree Lawn nearby.
Nature enthusiasts will be drawn to this incredibly unique venue, where 18,000 living plants thrive in harmony. It’s a blooming, sun-speckled backdrop that changes with the seasons. Complete with an indoor event space and a spacious terrace, your wedding photographer will be able to capture the beauty and joyful emotions of the day from every angle.
As for catering, the Trippas White Group are the exclusive culinary partners at The Calyx. Their creativity and passion for providing delicious food on your wedding day go beyond the usual three-course meal. They can expand into live cooking stations and popup bars to provide a unique dining experience for you and your wedding guests.
Top three things you’ll love about your The Calyx wedding:
- Park access. The Royal Botanic Gardens is one of the most highly rated visitor attractions in Sydney CBD. The Calyx is centrally located in the grounds, where you can marry, dine and dance all evening. There’s no other Sydney garden venue quite like it.
- Versatile venue. The Calyx is practical and aesthetically pleasing for weddings. Couples can marry on the island water feature and celebrate on the sun terraces or retreat into the exhibition spaces as a wet weather alternative. The choice is all yours.
- Delicious catering. Whether you’re thinking of standing bowl food, nutritious buffets or exciting live cooking stations, the Trippas White Group can cater for all. The Head Chef will work closely with you to design a bespoke wedding menu with all the trimmings.
The versatile ceremony and reception options at The Calyx:
- The Calyx. This standout wedding venue features a beautiful white canopy that can be illuminated with the fitted LED up lighters. The Calyx features a central island water feature, a wraparound terrace for guests to roam and an indoor exhibition space to dress with your ideal decorations. The Wedding Coordinator can show you what’s possible.
What The Calyx wedding space is like:
- Impressive white canopy with a spectacular island water feature
- Outdoor terrace for alfresco drinks receptions and dining
- Exclusive use of the venue on your wedding day after 4 pm
- The maximum capacity is 200 seated and 400 standing
- Architecture can be illuminated with colour changing LEDs
- Garden location moments from the Sydney Harbour foreshore
- Experienced Calyx Wedding Coordinator
- Open-plan layout with a variety of possible setups
- Direct access to the Royal Botanic Gardens
- All weddings must conclude at 11.30 pm
Here’s what else you need to know about The Calyx weddings:
- Living plant wall which makes a mesmerising backdrop for photos
- Option to hire the trackless train for guest pick up and drop off
- Trippas White Group can provide you with bespoke menus
- State of the art AV equipment is installed for you to use
- Close proximity to Sydney CBD, parking and public transport
- Plenty of nearby 5-star hotel accommodation nearby
What The Calyx couples say:
‘We held our Wedding reception at The Calyx in the Royal Botanic Gardens and couldn’t be happier. The Event Coordinators were fantastic to work with and a large reason our day was so successful. The Calyx is an amazing venue. It was spacious enough for all our guests, the outside veranda was perfect for cocktails & canapes, the exhibition area made for a unique backdrop for our dinner & dancing, and the location in the gardens couldn’t be better!’ Kem
How much does a wedding at The Calyx cost?
The total price of a Calyx wedding works on a minimum spend basis. Minimum spends apply depending on the day of the week and time of the year, and the price per person wedding packages start from $125, plus venue hire.
What are some of the nearby attractions to The Calyx?
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Mrs Macquarie’s Chair
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney CBD
- Circular Quay
Is The Calyx a nice place for a wedding?
Yes. The Calyx is an original and refreshing wedding venue in the heart of Sydney CBD. Complete with colour changing LEDs that illuminate its jaw-dropping architecture, blank canvas exhibition spaces and an experienced events team, there are so many reasons to fall in love with The Calyx wedding venue.