The main event space at ZINC Fed Square is the ideal venue for hosting larger weddings and features a spacious reception area with a stunning marble bar, pendant lights, and a feature rug. With contemporary neutral tones and floor-to-ceiling windows, this open-plan space can be styled to suit your wedding theme.
If you’re planning an intimate wedding celebration, the main event space at ZINC Federation Square can be divided to create two separate studios. You might choose to host your ceremony in one half of the room before drawing back the sheer organza drapes to reveal a stunning reception space to your guests.
Outdoor wedding ceremonies and pre-dinner drinks often take place on ZINC’s beautiful alfresco deck, overlooking the Yarra River and Melbourne city skyline. This expansive all-weather deck adjoins the main event space and is shaded by beautiful elm trees and covered with a clear roof.
When it comes to food and drink, you’ll love ZINC’s exceptional wedding menus that the award-winning team at Epicure has lovingly crafted. With an extensive range of delicious menu options and bespoke beverage packages, you’ll have the freedom to personalise your wedding menu depending on personal tastes, guest numbers and dietary requirements.
ZINC’s impressive riverfront location in Melbourne’s vibrant CBD means there are endless possibilities for wedding photography. Possible backdrops include Melbourne’s iconic laneways and Parliament House Steps. Other popular wedding photo locations near ZINC Fed Square include the Royal Botanic Gardens, the National Gallery of Victoria, and Alexandra Gardens.
“The staff, venue, food and setting was something that we could not have imagined to be better! We had the best wedding and were so happy with how everything turned out! We highly recommend ZINC for a stress-free wedding venue in a very good Melbourne city location.” - Rosa & Kristian
Top 3 things you’ll love about your ZINC Fed Square Melbourne wedding:
- The flexible interiors. The sophisticated, neutral interiors at ZINC complement any wedding colour scheme, allowing you to dress up the flexible open-plan event space with your choice of decor and styling. Most couples opt for elegant round tables and elevate the room with gorgeous floral arrangements.
- The prime Melbourne location. Nestled in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD on the riverfront side of Federation Square, ZINC’s inner-city location could not be more ideal. The venue enjoys spectacular views over the Yarra River and Melbourne city skyline, with public transport links and hotel accommodation just a short stroll away.
- The food and wine. ZINC partners exclusively with the award-winning team at Epicure catering to offer seasonal wedding menus that can be customised to suit personal tastes and dietary requirements. Every course is beautifully presented and created using only the finest local produce from their eco-friendly suppliers.
What ZINC Fed Square Melbourne weddings are like:
- Modern and stylish venue for weddings in Federation Square
- Plenty of natural light through floor-to-ceiling windows
- Customisable open-plan layout with adaptable interiors
- Expansive all-weather outdoor terrace with Yarra River views
- Dedicated wedding planner to coordinate your wedding
- Exclusive venue hire available for larger weddings
Here’s what else you need to know about ZINC Fed Square weddings:
- Three wedding packages to choose from, ranging from classic to luxe
- Exceptional catering by award-winning Epicure
- Four beverage packages to choose from
- Located just a two-minute walk from Flinders Street Station
- Option for the couple to arrive at ZINC by boat
What’s included in a ZINC Fed Square wedding package?
ZINC’s Classic Wedding Package is $159 per person and includes the following:
- Exclusive use of the venue on your wedding day
- Two canapés on arrival and a three-course dinner including a set entrée, alternating main course, and two mini desserts
- 5-hour drinks package
- A dedicated wedding planner, professional floor manager, personal wedding attendant, and friendly waitstaff
- Access to the private bridal room
- Dancefloor and stage setup
- Personalised printed menus
- Cake table set with a cake knife
What’s the capacity for weddings at ZINC Fed Square?
When hiring the entire venue at ZINC exclusively, there is space for 520 guests in a banquet-style seated capacity and 1,000 guests in a standing/cocktail arrangement.
What are some of the nearby attractions to ZINC Federation Square?
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Melbourne laneways
- Alexandra Gardens
- Yarra River
- Birrarung Marr
What’s the food like at ZINC Federation Square weddings?
ZINC partners exclusively with the award-winning team at Epicure catering for all of its events. With over 28 years of experience, the talented team of culinary chefs at Epicure specialises in crafting customised food menus that showcase exceptional local flavours and market-fresh seasonal produce.
“ZINC was absolutely beautiful and the staff were extremely accommodating and made sure everything on the day was perfect and checked in on us throughout the reception to make sure we had everything we need. Everything ran so smoothly on the day, we couldn’t fault it.” - Sally & Shane