Conveniently located just 30 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD, Windmill Gardens is a family-owned and operated wedding venue in Plumpton, Victoria. Couples gravitate towards Windmill Gardens for its stunning setting, surrounded by beautiful gardens, a charming old windmill, and a tranquil lake. You’ll love the convenience of having your ceremony, reception, and photographs all in one place at this gorgeous destination wedding venue near Melbourne.
Aside from the picturesque setting, you’ll be blown away by the exceptional service at Windmill Gardens. The dedicated events team at this family-owned and operated venue have 19 years of experience creating unforgettable weddings and events. They will go above and beyond to ensure your wedding experience is seamless, stress-free, and enjoyable.
“Our wedding day was truly amazing! Windmill Gardens is such a beautiful place to get married, and David and the team really went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect day. The food was fantastic, and we have received so many great compliments. Highly recommended!” - Alysha M.
Top 3 things you’ll love about your Windmill Gardens wedding:
- The picturesque garden setting. Nestled amid 12 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, this gorgeous venue provides a dreamy setting for your Melbourne wedding. There are endless possibilities when it comes to your wedding photos at Windmill Gardens, with backdrops including a picturesque lake and charming old windmill.
- The onsite chapel. If you’re planning a traditional ceremony, the quaint white gabled chapel at Windmill Gardens is the ideal place to say your vows. Features include stunning stained glass windows, traditional church pews seating up to 80 guests, and plenty of additional standing room.
- The beautiful dining room. Windmill Gardens’ light-filled dining room offers the perfect setting for elegant receptions overlooking the lake. This gorgeous open-plan space features chic black and white interiors, a built-in bar, and a central dancefloor.
What Windmill Gardens weddings are like:
- Picturesque setting amongst 12 acres of manicured gardens
- Exclusive venue hire for weddings
- Charming white gabled chapel with seating for up to 80 guests
- Light-filled dining room for receptions overlooking the lake
- Exceptional dining menus by head chef Thony Francois
- Endless photo opportunities
- 30 minutes away from the Melbourne CBD
- Ample onsite parking for up to 180 cars
What’s the capacity for weddings at Windmill Gardens?
Windmill Gardens’ versatile dining room can accommodate 60 to 220 seated guests, with plenty of space for a dancefloor. The capacity for cocktail-style weddings is 350 guests.
Are there any hotels nearby for wedding guests?
Windmill Gardens is only 30 minutes away from Melbourne’s CBD and just 15 minutes from the airport, allowing easy access for your guests. If they would like to stay near the venue after the wedding, accommodation options nearby include:
- Mercure Melbourne Caroline Springs
- Quest Caroline Springs
- Punthill Apartment Hotels
What’s the food like at Windmill Gardens for weddings?
You’ll be blown away by the extensive menu options for your wedding at Windmill Gardens. With over 30 years of experience, talented head chef Thony Francois crafts exceptional menus featuring flavourful and innovative dishes.
“Windmill Gardens is an absolutely breathtaking venue. Our wedding coordinator went above and beyond our expectations to make our special day simply perfect! The outdoor ceremony space and indoor ballroom were stunning, the food was just delicious and fresh, and the customer service was spot on. Could not recommend this venue enough. We will definitely be back for future events!” - Tanya M.