If you're planning a romantic garden wedding and are on the hunt for a gorgeous all-in-one Melbourne wedding venue, Ballara Receptions is an excellent choice. This picturesque estate has six stunning ceremony locations to choose from and an enchanting ballroom that’s perfect for elegant wedding receptions. Ballara also offers exclusive use of the estate for weddings, which means you’ll have unrestricted access to the grounds for your photographs.
Weddings at Ballara are consistently praised for the exceptional service, and you'll be in good hands with their in-house wedding coordinators. Your dedicated bridal host will also be there on the day to act as a personal assistant and ensure the wedding runs smoothly. They’ll take care of any issues that may arise, allowing you to relax and enjoy your day.
Ballara Receptions’ bespoke wedding packages can be tailored to suit your wedding vision and budget. Depending on your wedding style and guest numbers, choose from their cocktail, sit-down, and grazing menu options. No matter which type of menu you choose, you’ll be blown away by the incredible flavours of each dish.
“My husband and I had our wedding at Ballara Receptions and it was just perfection. From the initial enquiry right up until the big day their communication was outstanding. Our wedding went so smoothly and the food was great, the staff were a huge standout, and they were there for anything we needed. They went above and beyond for us, I cannot recommend Ballara Receptions enough.” - Olivia C.
What you’ll love about your Ballara Receptions wedding:
- The beautiful setting. Surrounded by picturesque English gardens and weeping willow trees, we can’t imagine a more romantic setting for enchanting estate weddings than Ballara Receptions. You’ll fall in love with this gorgeous garden wedding venue from the moment you step foot through the door.
- The elegant ballroom venue. Ballara Receptions’ chandelier-lit ballroom is a stunning space for wedding receptions, boasting floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the landscaped gardens. The ballroom’s neutral interiors can be dressed up to suit any wedding colour scheme, with elegant round tables surrounding a large central dancefloor.
- The photo opportunities. There are endless backdrops for your wedding photographs at Ballara, from enchanting English gardens to a tranquil lake surrounded by lush greenery. There are thousands of fairy lights dotted around the estate, creating a beautiful backdrop for photos after dusk.
Choose from 6 locations for your ceremony at Ballara Receptions:
- The Chapel. Ballara Receptions’ picturesque chapel is a beautiful all-weather ceremony option, complete with soaring ceilings, rustic timber beams, and shimmering chandeliers. There’s pew seating in the chapel for up to 100 guests, with room for a further 60 standing guests.
- The Gazebo. This stunning Victorian gazebo is perfect for outdoor wedding ceremonies, with delicate white detailing and endless options for personalisation with dreamy floral arrangements. Say your vows overlooking the lake surrounded by majestic willow trees.
- The Lakeside Garden. This tranquil lakeside spot is a popular choice for romantic outdoor ceremonies at Ballara. You’ll love the ‘secret garden’ feel, nestled amid lush greenery and beautiful trees.
- The Courtyard. Ballara Receptions’ enchanting courtyard offers a more secluded feel for outdoor ceremonies, with a delightful water feature and space for up to 60 white timber chairs.
- The Lakeside Jetty. Ideal for intimate ceremonies, the lakeside jetty at Ballara has space for 30 seated guests. The gazebo, willow trees, and picturesque lake form a stunning backdrop for your ceremony on the jetty.
- Twilight Ceremonies. For something completely unique, why not have a twilight wedding ceremony at Ballara Receptions? Say your vows beneath twinkling fairy lights at one of the beautiful ceremony locations on the estate.
What Ballara Receptions weddings are like:
- Stunning location at the foothills of the Yarra Valley
- Exclusive use of the venue for your wedding
- Bespoke wedding packages
- 6 beautiful ceremony locations to choose from
- Enchanting ballroom for wedding receptions
- Secluded English gardens and picturesque lake
- Menu options include sit-down, cocktail and grazing
Here’s what else you need to know about Ballara Receptions weddings:
- Accommodates 60-170 wedding guests
- Dedicated in-house wedding planning team
- 30kms from Melbourne CBD
- Free on-site parking
- Plenty of accommodation options within walking distance
- Endless photo opportunities
- Winter wedding specials for June, July and August
What do Ballara Receptions provide for weddings?
Ballara Receptions’ comprehensive sit-down wedding packages include a personal function manager, bridal host on the day, private bridal suite, five-hour beverage package, three-course meal, bridal table with a floral arrangement, podium and microphone for speeches, in-house music system, cake table, large central dancefloor, white table linen, candle centrepieces, table numbers, and easels.
What’s the capacity for weddings at Ballara Receptions?
The elegant ballroom at Ballara Receptions can accommodate up to 170 wedding guests in a seated capacity.
“Ballara is such a magical, special, memorable place to get married. My husband and I are so lucky and thankful we chose this place to make our day come to life. The grounds are well maintained, the food is spectacular, the lighting is beautiful, the workers and wedding planners are amazing. Wow, we can just go on forever. If you are thinking of having your wedding here, STOP THINKING! This is the place to be! My husband and I can't thank the team enough for all the things Ballara has helped us with.” - Tori M.