The Werribee Open Range Zoo is a popular, safari-themed attraction nestled in Victoria, just thirty minutes from Melbourne CBD. It boasts gorgeous indoor and outdoor wedding settings, 200 hectares of breathtaking animals from Africa, Asia, North America, and Australia, and endless, unique photo opportunities. For delicious, fresh menus and tailor-made packages, Werribee Open Range Zoo is for you!
Looking for a unique wedding setting that will undoubtedly impress your guests? If so, you can’t look past the majestic Werribee Open Range Zoo. Complete with stunning, versatile ceremony and reception spaces, exquisite animal exhibits, and an undeniably magical atmosphere, you won’t want to leave!
From African-styled huts and hippopotamus beaches to spectacular vistas and secret gardens, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Whether you prefer a formal indoor affair or a charming, intimate alfresco dining experience, Werribee Open Range Zoo can accommodate.
Manicured lawns, floor-to-ceiling glass, rustic corrugated iron sheeting, unique architectural design, and unbeatable views over the sweeping grounds and animals are just a handful of the wonders Werribee Open Range Zoo has to offer. Not to mention delectable, fresh menus with innovation, quality, sustainability, and flavour at their core. Brought to you by The Compass Group, you can expect nothing less than the finest catering. If you have a specific vision in mind, they are happy to craft a bespoke menu just for you!
“Our wedding was utterly perfect! We cannot thank Cassie enough for all her help and support for our wedding ceremony and reception. She was funny, friendly and calm. She helped us get some amazing photos with the animals and ensured we had an amazing experience. The food was delicious, and everyone was so impressed! Our wedding was honestly better than we could have ever imagined.” — Lily M.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Werribee Open Range Zoo:
- Stunning safari-inspired reception settings. If you want to host your wedding day in a truly unforgettable environment, you’ve come to the right place. Werribee Open Range Zoo boasts several gorgeous safari-themed reception spaces you won’t want to leave. The Meerkat Room offers a breathtaking setting, complete with floor-to-ceiling glass overlooking the joy-filled meerkats exhibit, artistic architectural design, and a beautiful decking overlooking the gorillas and Lakeside Cove, perfect for both seated and cocktail receptions. The Slumber Dining Hut is perfect for a more intimate gathering — complete with rustic wooden furniture, corrugated iron sheeting, and your own private outdoor space. The Hippo Beach provides mesmerising close-up views of the hippopotamuses playing in the water with a beautiful outdoor deck overlooking the hippos as the sun goes down. And let’s not forget about the gorgeous, renowned African Kia — boasting manicured lawns and African-styled huts where marquees and tipi’s can be hired to create that wow experience.
- Beautiful ceremony locations. There are multiple stunning spots to exchange your vows within the Werribee Open Range Zoo. Surrounded by African wildlife and lush greenery, the possibilities are endless. The Gorilla Viewing space, Secret Garden, and Meerkat Room are all perfect for a memorable, romantic ceremony with amazing photo opportunities.
- Innovative, gourmet menus. At the Werribee Open Range Zoo, you can expect nothing less than high quality, flavoursome fare brought to you by the beloved Compass Group. Utilising expert culinary techniques and fresh, locally sourced ingredients, this team of catering specialist ensure a vibrant, colourful menu you and your guests will love. They can also create a menu specific to your individual needs, dietary requirements, and vision.
What Werribee Open Range Zoo weddings are like:
- Spectacular, safari-themed wedding venue
- Gorgeous indoor and outdoor wedding settings
- Delicious, gourmet menus
- Various catering styles, including sit-down, cocktail, and grazing
- Tailor-made packages
- Endless breathtaking photo opportunities
- Outstanding, personable customer service
- Fantastic entertainment services
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Werribee Open Range Zoo Victoria?
The Werribee Open Range Zoo can accommodate up to 1,500 guests standing outside and up to 160 seated indoors with a dancefloor for a beautiful, unique, safari-themed wedding experience.
“We had both our ceremony and reception at the Werribee Open Range Zoo. We had 60 or so guests, including the photographer and photo booth member, and everything went so smoothly. It was just an amazing environment. The venue team were extremely helpful and were so flexible — they even moved the location last minute because of torrential rain. I couldn't have asked for a more professional team and a more wonderful location.” — Kendall W.
Joanna is a natural when it comes to the wedding and events industry. Her positive and enthusiastic attitude along with her passion and extensive experience in both event operations and coordination has helped contribute to her ongoing success. Joanna prides herself on her attention to detail and strives to execute all aspects of her events seamlessly so that her clients can enjoy the moment. You can be assured with Joanna in control your next event will be planned to perfection.
Ms Joanna Shurey
Wedding & Events Coordinator