Following an extensive refurbishment in 2018, The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins has been restored to its historic magnificence. A timeless — yet modernised — gem in the heart of Melbourne with a beautiful Victorian facade and the grandeur of an Art Deco heritage building, The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins provides a gorgeous backdrop for your elegant Melbourne wedding.
"The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins Melbourne was a magnificent venue to hold our wedding. The function spaces and ambience were grand, the food and beverages were first-class, and the friendly staff in the lead up to, and during the wedding day itself, made the experience enjoyable and as stress-free as possible." - Maxwell
Centrally located (opposite Southern Cross Station), this historic ballroom and hotel wedding venue is an easy place for accommodating international and interstate guests. The plush suites at The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins also provide a beautiful location to get ready with your bridal party, and a cosy retreat for your wedding night.
What you'll love about your Melbourne wedding at The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins:
- Dedicated events team. The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins will help you plan your day right down to the very last detail. From menu selections and seating arrangements to suggesting local celebrants, cake makers and florists.
- The ease of celebrating your entire wedding in one location. You'll feel at ease knowing your wedding can take place in one stunning location, including accommodation, your ceremony, reception and picturesque wedding photos.
- The atmosphere. The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins is a beautiful Art Deco setting for a wedding that reflects modern sophistication and luxury.
- Bespoke wedding menu creation. Our catering team will work with you to create the most delicious wedding menu, taking your group’s dietary requirements into consideration. From canapes and cheese platters to four-course dinners, you will be delighted with the menu options available for your wedding day.
- Customised wedding packages. Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a grand reception for 320 guests, we can tailor the right package and help make your wedding day an unforgettable event.
What wedding packages are available at The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins?
The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins offers four wedding packages, each with different price points. Here are the options:
- Sapphire Wedding Package. Built for cocktail-style weddings, this wedding package includes room hire, a selection of 10 canapes per person, three-hour Savoy beverage package and wedding night accommodation in a Plaza King room (including champagne breakfast). Minimum 60 guests.
- Emerald Wedding Package. Designed for seated dinners, this wedding package includes drinks and canapes on arrival, a two-course dinner, a four-hour Savoy beverage package, wedding night accommodation in the Bridal Suite ( with champagne breakfast), and a complimentary menu tasting for the couple prior to their wedding. Minimum 60 guests.
- Ruby Wedding Package. A secondary option for seated dinners, this package includes drinks and canapes on arrival, a three-course dinner, a five-hour Savoy beverage package, styling choices, wedding night accommodation in the Bridal Suite (with champagne breakfast), one night's accommodation in a Plaza King room on your first anniversary, and a complimentary pre-wedding menu tasting for the couple. Minimum 60 guests.
- Diamond Wedding Package. This package includes free-flowing drinks and canap?s on arrival, a four-course premium dinner, a five-hour Premium beverage package, and a complimentary menu tasting for the bridal party prior to the wedding. You’ll also have the option of various high-end additions such as choice of cake, flowers, theming, band and much more. Enjoy accommodation in the Bridal Suite, including champagne breakfast, accommodation for your bridal party and one night's accommodation in a Plaza King room on your first anniversary. Minimum 90 guests.
What is the capacity at The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins?
The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins has 4 event spaces to choose from:
- Plaza Ballroom (capacity 200 for cocktail and 100 for banquet)
- Collins Room (capacity 80 for cocktail and 60 for banquet)
- Spencer Room (capacity 70 for cocktail and 50 for banquet)
- Williams Room (capacity 20 for cocktail and 20 for banquet)
Most couples opt to use both the Plaza Ballroom and the Collins Room for a cocktail-style wedding of up to 320 guests or for a seated banquet for up to 160 guests.
What are the hotel rooms at The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins like?
The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins has 163 elegant guest rooms with plush furnishings, full-length mirrors and retro touches. Accommodation options range from tranquil, private rooms to spacious suites with sweeping city views. Amenities include room service, V Hotel Spa, gym and luggage storage.
Does The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins have a restaurant on-site?
The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins is home to The Alexander Bar, an elegant and cosy space to relax or catch up with friends while sipping great cocktails or grabbing a bite. It’s a lovely destination for your overnight wedding guests to enjoy throughout their stay at the hotel.
The Alexander Bar offers an array of delicious food and drinks. Your friends and family might start their day with a barista-made coffee at breakfast, or pop in midday for a tempting cocktail and share a charcuterie board.
"I LOVE this place!!! The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins delivered exceptional service, and their amazing staff were so lovely and kind! The events manager helped me out so much throughout the process, organised everything so smoothly and accommodated to our needs. I highly recommend having your wedding reception here! It was everything we could have asked for!" - Micah