Step into the days of old-world romance and timeless elegance as you walk through the beautifully preserved Victorian facade of The Windsor. Around every corner are opulent features like romantic period arches, hallways with dazzling chandeliers, and a heritage-listed grand staircase. The breathtaking Grand Ballroom features a soaring stained-glass dome and luxurious velvet drapes that evoke an atmosphere of modern royalty.
“Old world chic at its best, The Windsor provided the perfect back drop for our vintage glamour themed wedding. With a guest list of Hollywood A-listers and host to many of our nation's leaders, The Windsor offers old world sophistication in the very heart of Melbourne City, overlooking the steps of beautiful Parliament House. Wonderful to wake up to wide windows overlooking the city, attentive staff and great food.” Marian J
Situated right in the heart of Spring Street, The Windsor is close to the Old Treasury Building and St Patrick's Cathedral, and a short stroll from the lush green backdrops of the Treasury and Fitzroy Gardens. These Melbourne landmarks make the perfect photography backdrops for chic city wedding photos.
Experienced event managers are onsite to help you execute the wedding of your dreams, with all-inclusive dining packages that set the scene for an exquisite and memorable event. With multiple event spaces to choose from and 180 guest rooms, there is a perfect setting for every wedding at The Windsor, no matter the size of your guest list.
What you’ll love about The Windsor Melbourne for your wedding:
- The prime Melbourne location. The Windsor is located in Melbourne’s energetic CBD, near iconic landmarks and gardens. There is plenty of public transport access points, as well as other luxury accommodations.
- The royal aesthetic. It’s not hard to feel like a VIP when you grace the steps of The Windsor’s grand staircase. With other opulent features like chandeliers and classic furnishings, you certainly feel like high society at this venue.
- The nearby ceremony locations. If you’re after a traditional or cultural wedding, there are several churches and religious houses within a short walking or driving distance from The Windsor.
Highlights of The Windsor Melbourne:
- Onsite accommodation. The Windsor boasts 180 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- World-class catering. The onsite culinary team have mastered a range of cuisines, using the freshest ingredients to create dishes that satisfy and inspire. The menus are inspired by European, Asian, and Modern Australian flavours.
- Classic Victorian architecture. You feel like you’re stepping back into a time of opulence and grandeur at The Windsor, with crystal chandeliers, an imposing historic staircase, and Victoria-era facades.
What does a wedding at The Windsor Melbourne look like?
Kick-off your day by getting ready in one of the 180 luxury guest rooms before heading down to dazzle at your ceremony, either held in the Bourke Room or Grand Ballroom. If you’re taking formal photos around the city, your guests can be entertained with cocktails and canapes in either of the two spaces before they’re converted for a stately reception.
What kind of packages does The Windsor offer?
The Windsor offers three wedding packages. The Afternoon Tea Package includes canapes and high-tea style finger foods, perfect for couples after a simple and elegant affair. The Royal Package is for the fairytale couple, with a three-course menu and lush floral centrepieces. The Windsor package offers a canape or alternate drop menu, with wrought-iron candelabras adding a touch of drama to your day.