Located in the Entertainment Quarter in Moore Park, Urban Winery Sydney is an undiscovered gem that couples gravitate towards for its unusual wedding spaces and world-class wines. In fact, the notable A.Retief wine label is produced here, and can be served at your wedding table.
Each of Urban Winery Sydney’s multifunctional spaces double-up as idyllic environments for ceremonies and receptions. Whether you opt for an outdoor ceremony in front of a wall of rustic wine barrels, or a cosy indoor banquet surrounded by the chic industrial features, there are lots of ways to make the venue work for you.
There are also plenty of unique winery experiences to make the most of at your Urban Winery Sydney wedding. Wine tours, tastings, and blending classes are a great way to get your guests mingling and learning about what it takes to make a critically acclaimed label. Infuse your wedding with the spirit of wine, and craft an unforgettable experience for all.
Top three things you’ll love about your Urban Winery Sydney wedding:
- The Setting. Urban Winery Sydney is one of the most atmospheric wedding venues in the city. It has perfected the blend of traditional and contemporary decor with a range of indoor and outdoor spaces that make refreshing ceremony and reception backdrops.
- The Flexibility. This versatile winery wedding venue allows you to hire the venue exclusively or partially to suit all budgets. The friendly events team can offer a range of adaptable wedding catering and beverage packages, or you can bring your own chef.
- Unique Experiences. Seeing as Urban Winery Sydney is a working winery, your guests can go behind the scenes with the wine producers on tours and tastings, or even try out grape stomping to experience what goes into making the renowned A.Retief vintage.
Choose from 2 Urban Winery Sydney wedding ceremony and reception spots:
- The primary Event Space at Urban Winery Sydney is a multifunctional room with soaring ceilings, polished concrete floors, industrial lights, and floor to ceiling racks of wine barrels. It leads directly onto an outdoor terrace (180 seated 250 standing)
- The Cellar Door & Wine Bar is a softly lit space with a characterful wooden bar and rugs strewn across the stone floor. Not only do they serve the best bottles in NSW, but it’s got a distinctive ambience that will get your guests in the celebratory spirit.
What the Urban Winery Sydney wedding spaces are like:
- Atmospheric interiors with high ceilings, wine barrels, and polished concrete floors
- The commercial kitchen can be utilised by the in-house team or your own caterer
- High-speed Wi-Fi, a SONOS sound system, a microphone, and security are included
- An outdoor area that can be used for wedding ceremonies and marquee receptions
- Capacity for up to 180 seated and 250 standing, with a minimum of 80 guests
- Ceremony, reception and photo opportunities all in one picturesque destination
- Adaptable open-plan layouts for different table and dance floor setups
Here’s what else you need to know about Urban Winery Sydney weddings:
- Exclusive use of your chosen function rooms on the day of your wedding
- The venue is a working winery with award-winning wines produced on-site
- Experienced Event Coordinator included in your winery wedding package
- The Entertainment Quarter has a large paid car park onsite & the first 2 hours are free.
- Excellent catering team who can tailor your menu and suggest wine pairings
- Extraordinary wine experiences on offer including tastings, tours and grape stomping
- The venue is wheelchair accessible with ramps leading to both the winery and bar
- Great location in Moor Park, just ten minutes from Sydney CBD & Sydney Airport
- Plenty of accommodation options nearby, including The Hughenden Boutique Hotel, UKO Paddington, and Mrs Banks Hotel.
How much does an Urban Winery Sydney wedding cost?
Weddings at Urban Winery Sydney start at $125 per guest for the Cocktail Package with a minimum of 80 guests. This includes 8 canapes, 1 substantial canape and a beverage package for five hours. The Seated Plated Package costs $165 per guest, which includes 2 canapes on arrival, a 2-course alternate serve plated meal, and a beverage package for five hours.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Urban Winery Sydney?
- The Entertainment Quarter
- Centennial Park
- Moonlight Cinema Sydney
- Allianz Stadium
- Moore Park Golf
- Paddington Markets
- Surry Hills
- Bondi Beach
Is Urban Winery Sydney a nice place for a wedding?
Yes! Urban Winery Sydney gives you a taste of the best vineyards in New South Wales without having to leave the city. It’s a memorable all-in-one wedding destination that’s conveniently located near Sydney transport links and attractions. Plus, the versatility of the venue allows you to get as creative as you like when planning your dream rustic winery wedding.