We are a collection of Australia's busiest and best, multiple award winning, wedding duos. We can cater to all sizes and styles of weddings.
If that's not enough, after winning best live entertainment in Australia at the most recent Australian Bridal Awards, we have partnered up with an amazing travel group and for a short time, we are throwing in a free honeymoon accommodation package valued up to $1000 when you book a ceremony and reception package. No joke, no hoops to jump through, no gimmicks. 3 nights and 4 days at one of the locatinos in Aus or NZ, or, 7 nights and 8 days in Bali, Thailand or Fiji. It's up to you. You have 18 months to travel. T's and C's apply but these packages are just awesome!
Walk down the aisle to our beautiful acoustic version of your 'must have' song, then kick the party into top gear and get the dance floor pumping with our full band sound to fully produced backing tracks. It's a big band sound for a small band budget!
Whatever type of wedding, indoor or outdoor, any season... Something Borrowed has you covered for ceremony, canape, reception music, MCing and Photo Booths!
Something Borrowed offers a range of customisable music packages for weddings, including:
- Ceremony and canapes (available Monday - Thursday weddings only). We ease your guests into the day with a collection of beautiful acoustic ballads as they arrive at the ceremony area. We liasie with your celebrant or other marriage officiater to discuss and understand the clear cue for us to start THAT song for the aisle walk. We also play your chosen songs while signing the marriage certificate and as you walk back down the aisle as newlyweds. Then, we move our portable gear to the canapes location and get started on our next batch of acoustic ear worms!
- Canapes and Reception. After the canape set, we move to the main reception where our larger PA is already set, ahead of time. 3hours live playing time over the length of the reception. Generally be 4 x 45 minute sets or 6 x 30 minute sets, however, we are extremely flexible and will work around your run sheet for the day.
- Reception. Generally be 4 x 45 minute sets or 6 x 30 minute sets, however, we are extremely flexible and will work around your run sheet for the day.
- Ceremony, canapes and reception. Our most popular package. A full day of entertainment. No need to worry about a thing... we've got you covered.
- Photo booth at half price. That's right, our cracking little photo booth is half price when we are hired to play at your wedding reception.
- Free MC service. All of our duos MC around 90% of weddings they play at. So, not only are you getitng some of the finest musicians around, you're getting a professional, experienced MC... for free!
What you’ll love about working with Something Borrowed for your wedding:
- Something Borrowed began as just one duo. We became so busy we had to take on new duos. However, we were determined to not become just an agency with a tonne of duos doing their own thing. We have our formula and we feel it creates the best, most memorable wedding entertainment experience there is. From first email until your farewell circle. Yes, each duo has their own idiosyncrasies but you can rest assured whatever duo you go for, the service and entertainment will be of the highest standard.
- We have won Australian Bridal Industry Awards for best reception music and best ceremony music for the last 4 years running, as voted by brides.
- We have been in the wedding game for over 10 years, we absolutely love what we do... and it shows. This is why we strive so hard to make your day perfect!
- As you'll read in most of our 5 star reviews, we are always easy to get a hold of in the lead up to your big day and we are always flexible on how the day runs.
- We liase back and forward with you until we have every detail of every song choice... i.e The aisle walk, signging the marriage cert, recessional walk, bridal party entrance, first dance, parent dance...etc. Nothing is left to guess work.
- We let you know of our proposed set times once we have your run sheet and work with you if any changes need to be made. We're happy, when you're happy.
Our packages include the following:
Up to 3x songs learnt by your chosen artist to be performed live at your wedding.
Spotify playlists for out live set breaks. You can even play a role in this by creating the playlist and sharing them with us. We'll have them ready to play on the day.
Wireless microphone for speeches during the reception
State-of-the-art PA system and dancefloor lighting with all reception bookings.
All duo's arrive 1.5-hr prior to their start time to ensure everything is set prior to commencing.
What areas of Victoria do you service?
All areas... Yep, it's that simple. Everywhere.
Do you cater to song requests?
Yes! All Something Borrowed Duos have a huge repertoire. They are always happy to play a song request if they know it. In saying that, part of being a great wedding entertainer is knowing what to play and when to play it.