Michael has relocated to Sydney after having performed weddings across Brisbane and surrounds for many years. He knows exactly what couples expect from their wedding ceremony: compassion, warmth, appropriate humour and moments of genuine connection. He crafts gorgeous ceremonies that feel intimate and authentic, sharing your unique love story with your wedding guests in a truly memorable way.
Michael’s fees include all legal work, your ceremony, travel within Sydney and the South East Queensland area, and as many meetings as you need to create a magical wedding ceremony. He will look after all the legal documentation, including registering your wedding and sending it into Births, Deaths and Marriages after your ceremony.
If you’re not sure where to start when planning your wedding ceremony, Michael will provide a range of sample ceremonies to choose from. He can also assist with the incorporation of readings, music, and special rituals to ensure that your ceremony unfolds just the way you envisioned. If you already have specific vows in mind, Michael will ensure they meet the obligations of the marriage celebrant under the Marriage Act.
"Michael was absolutely amazing, we couldn’t have asked for a kinder, and more caring person to have conducted our wedding ceremony. He made our journey stress free and handled all the paperwork. Our ceremony was perfect and we could not have asked for anything better. Nothing but positive reviews from us and our guests. We would recommend Michael in a heartbeat!" - Carla W.
What you’ll love about Michael Janz Celebrant for your wedding:
- His personalised ceremonies. Michael has been officiating weddings across Brisbane and surrounds for many years and understands that they should be completely unique to each couple. Whether you’re after a formal, relaxed, humorous, or heartfelt ceremony, Michael will craft and deliver a truly memorable experience that suits the tone of your wedding.
- His glowing reviews. Previous clients describe Michael as being courteous, accommodating, kind, and warm, with a friendly nature and wonderful sense of humour. Michael’s glowing feedback is a testament to his professionalism and he has been awarded by Easy Weddings from 2017 to 2020 for his consistent five-star reviews.
- His communication skills. Planning a wedding can be overwhelming and you’ll probably have lots of questions. Michael is an excellent communicator and is more than happy to have as many meetings as you need in the lead up to your wedding. He will answer any questions you may have and make you feel completely at ease as you plan your ceremony with him.
Here’s what’s included when you book Michael Janz Celebrant for your wedding:
- Travel to meetings, rehearsal (if necessary) and the wedding ceremony
- Face to face meetings at a mutually convenient location
- Wedding rehearsal (if necessary) at the wedding venue with the wedding party
- Thorough explanation, completion and submission of all legal documents
- Comprehensive wedding kit with a range of sample wedding resources
- The development of a personalised wedding ceremony
- Discussion and advice on the name change process
- Portable Bose PA and sound system
- Recorded music for playing throughout the ceremony as required
How much does a ceremony by Michael Janz cost?
Michael Janz has an all-inclusive rate of $895 - $1500, depending on your specific wedding requirements.
Is Michael available to travel for weddings outside of Sydney?
Yes. Michael is based in Sydney but he loves celebrating with couples at weddings across South East Queensland, including Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Tamborine Mountain. Michael is also happy to travel elsewhere in Australia for weddings.
Do we need to meet with Michael in person before the wedding?
Michael is more than happy to work around your schedule and he can set up online meetings via Skype if you’d prefer. Before the wedding day, you can call Michael as many times as you’d like to ask questions and discuss your ceremony plans.
“Michael was amazing and the most perfect celebrant we could have asked for! His jolly and friendly personality help bring the day all together and narrate our love story. He was very helpful throughout the planning phase, easy to reach and affordable! We're very fortunate to have shared our memorable day with Michael.” - Steph L.