“Jim, you were so eloquent and sincere in your delivery of our ceremony. You made us both at ease but excited and engaged in what we were doing, saying and committing to. We're so grateful! Thank you!” Jody
What makes Marry Me Jim a terrific celebrant for your wedding?
- Registered celebrant. Marry Me Jim’s Jim McIlwain is an official, Commonwealth-registered celebrant, who has the most beautiful thoughts on love. “I believe that two adults, who love each other and choose to commit to each other through marriage, can only make the world a better place. And I love being part of that. I will help you create the ceremony that expresses what you want for your wedding. After all, it is YOUR wedding,” says Jim. Altogether now, awwww.
- Highly competent. Jim is experienced, confident and professional, so you don’t need to worry about a thing as far as your ceremony is concerned. Jim is organised and knows the drill when it comes to weddings - don’t worry, your ceremony is in good hands.
- Professional appearance. While officiating, Jim doesn’t draw unnecessary attention to himself: He’s not wearing board shorts, he isn’t wearing a rock t-shirt and he isn’t wearing sandals (well, unless that’s what you wish! He has been known to don a kilt on occasion...), Jim dresses professionally for your wedding. Think: suit, tie and polished shoes - again, unless told otherwise!
- Great attitude. Marry Me Jim is a fun-loving, warm celebrant with a can-do attitude and sunny disposition. Couples love that Jim is relaxed and friendly - he’s perfect for fun, joyful celebrations with friends and family, Jim will fit right in!
Here’s what else you need to know about Marry Me Jim:
- Languages. Past couples have mentioned that Celebrant Jim went above and beyond to learn phrases in other languages - including Portuguese and Japanese - in order to communicate with all guests. Language barriers are tricky to overcome at weddings - an occasion when no one wants to miss a moment - but Jim works hard to ensure everyone feels included, and in these cases, it meant learning a phrase or two in another language!
- Vow renewal. Yes, Marry Me Jim also officiates vow renewal ceremonies! Whether you like Jim’s work and want to keep his details on hand for yourself, or think he’d do an excellent job officiating your parents’ vow renewal, Jim is up for the task.
- Brisbane and surrounds. While Marry Me Jim is situated in sunny Brisbane, Jim will travel around the area for couples. Jim loves to officiate weddings, so is willing to go a bit further afield for yours - be it a large, beach wedding on the Sunshine Coast or intimate gathering in a park.
“Thank you very much Jim for being a part of our big day! You were fantastic, did an amazing job and helped us every step of the way.” Baz
“Dear Jim, muito obrigada for making our day so memorable. You went an extra mile and learned some Portuguese words for my family watching the ceremony in Brasil. That was awesome! You also worked so well with AJ Dalmaso when she was translating the ceremony, you truly made an excellent team. We wish you all the best.” Mara