Our Red Rattlers, Carriage 3261 & 3255 were built at Walsh Island Dockyards, Newcastle, Australia in 1928. They ran on the Sydney suburban lines for many years with their last journey being all stations to Campbelltown in July 1991. Carriage C3255 is said to have travelled 8.2 million kilometres during that time.
They were then sold at auction and ended up in a paddock in Tambar Springs, Central West New South Wales. There they sat for 13 years, abandoned and trashed.
The current owner, tracked them down and trucked them here to Dungay, where she spent 4 years lovingly restoring them to their former glory.
For the past 11 years they were known as the Red Rattlers Gallery & Cafe, serving beautiful home made cakes & scones, Devonshire teas, High Teas and more.
After a beautiful make over they are back, and we are proud to introduce you to...
Red Rattlers Dungay
- A beautiful, unique blank canvas to create the wedding of your dreams
- Have your ceremony, reception or both at the Red Rattlers
- Choose your package to suit from 3 day packages, 1 day celebrations or 2 hours for your ceremony
- Choose your own caterers to suit your theme and your dreams
- Decorate to suit the theme of your wedding - what's your style... vintage, boho, funky, casual, traditional... whatever makes you happy... it's your day!
- Fixed seating in the dining carriage with a variety of options for seating on the large adjoining deck
- Spread out into the garden for a more casual day... maybe a picnic style wedding
- The Red Rattlers offers you so much flexibility, to use your creative flair and make your day one that everyone will remember
- Endless options and we are happy to work with you to make your day one to remember
We love our train carriages and we love what we do, and we will make organising your day easy and enjoyable. You can personalise the setup with your theme and create a magical setting that will be unique and special to you, your wedding party and all your guests. We are here to assist in every way and will provide you with a list of local suppliers to help things run smoothly.
Contact us now, for an obligation free discussion on what you are planning, and we can plan together.