If you’re on the hunt for a wedding DJ who can read the room, get people on the dancefloor, and seamlessly transition from a current hit to a classic (bit of Walking on Sunshine, anyone?), DJ Dan is a great fit for your wedding. DJ Dan is approachable, take requests, and can change the atmosphere from romantic and emotional to upbeat and wild in seconds - whatever you need, really!
Entertaining weddings in Melbourne, the Yarra Valley, Dandenong Ranges, and Mornington Peninsula and anywhere else in VIC, DJ Dan is a talented, experienced DJ for your special occasion
DJ Dan works closely with you so your reception is exactly how you imagine it - whether that’s a formal and traditional evening with all the formalities, or a relaxed night with more of a focus on the party and the guests. DJ Dan will ask you about special songs to include, which first dance, reception entrance, and father-daughter dance songs are to be played, and can even craft custom mixes if you have a surprise planned for your guests.
DJ Dan has packages for a reception, or a ceremony/reception combo. DJ Dan brings a unique disco lighting set up as part of the package, and can increase the size and scale of the lighting to suit your preferences.
DJ Dan also offers a seamless MC service. DJ Dan is a charismatic, entertaining, and thoughtful host who will respectfully tell your stories, introduce speakers, and let guests know about the venue facilities, all the while playing sets in between - it’s a win, win service!
The other benefit rarely considered is having the DJ as your MC also helps keep the night on schedule. DJ Dan will communicate with you, key guests & suppliers to ensure everyone is aware of what's coming up and what is required. For example, DJ Dan will make sure the best man isn't off in the bathroom when he's meant to do his speech.
What else sets DJ Dan aside from other DJs?
Many couples are getting married for the first time, or haven't been to a wedding in a few years. You might not know exactly what you want for every aspect of the wedding. DJ Dan helps by providing suggestions on what he's seen work at previous weddings. A recent client had 8 people doing speeches but didn't want it to take too long, so they asked for help. DJ Dan suggested doing the first few speeches after entree, then the last few after mains. This helped break it up so it never felt like the speeches were long and most importantly, the guests were given plenty of opportunities to fill their drinks and empty their bladders.
Guess what? Things don't always go to plan at weddings. No one wants to think this will happen at their wedding, but if it does, DJ Dan is very flexible and proactive in helping solve the issues that can come up.
Here's a couple of examples:
1) The kitchen was running half an hour late and the B&G had sunset photos planned straight after entree. Knowing entree was late, DJ Dan arranged for speeches to be swapped with the entree. This allowed the couple to get their sunset pics and not delay their first dance or lose valuable dancefloor time.
2) The power went out. Yep, it happens! The whole suburb lost power. DJ Dan has a portable battery backup system which is mostly used for ceremonies where there's no power points available, but in this case it was very handy at this reception. DJ Dan had this up and running within a few minutes and was able to entertain the guests for an hour before the power came back on. All we had was music from DJ Dan's system and light from 100 candles on the tables, and it was all we needed!
“We would like to say a massive thank you for not only being a wonderful DJ on the night of our wedding, but also for all your help in orchestrating the surprise groomsmen dance. From the secret meetings, the music mixing and to helping it run smoothly on the night. That dance was an absolute highlight which we will remember forever. Thank you.” Kane
"Dan was amazing! Our wedding was perfect - we wanted to have a big dance party and he delivered! From start to finish the process was easy. Highly recommend." - Maddie (5 star google review)
"We got married on Valentine's Day this year and could not have chosen a better DJ and MC for our wedding day. Dan was happy to meet with us a couple of times as our wedding date was postponed and we kept on making changes to our original plans. Nothing was too much trouble and Dan ensured we were happy with all our song choices so our day would be a perfect reflection of who we are.
On the day Dan was extremely professional ,every song for the ceremony was played exactly as we wanted. At the reception he did all the intros just as we had requested and he was true to our music selection ensuring there was a great fun atmosphere that kept everyone on the dance floor. I would recommend Spinning Disc Entertainment to anyone looking for the best wedding DJ and MC in Victoria" - Silvia (5 star google review)
What you can expect when working with Spinning Disc Entertainment for your wedding:
- Experienced wedding DJ - DJ Dan is excellent at what he does and with 100s of weddings already completed, is well-versed in performing at weddings.
- A large list of songs - DJ Dan has an extensive range of music for couples to choose from, including old school classics, today’s chart hits, all the tunes you partied too in pubs, bars and clubs when you were 18, and wedding-centric songs - Bruno Mars - Marry You, being one of them!
- Takes requests - Got a song in mind that you simply must play at your wedding? DJ Dan will make it happen.
- Reads the room - If your guests are screaming out for ABBA or indicating they’d like a song that they can belt out the lyrics to (Livin on a Prayer, or maybe Mr Brightside suits your family and friends better?), DJ Dan will be able to tell and seamlessly switch to a new song.
- Great service - From your first consultation to your experience on the night, you will receive excellent and very personal customer service from DJ Dan. You get to speak to the same person all the way through from first enquiry to last song of the night.
What packages are available?
- Reception package – DJ Dan will bring quality sound & DJ equipment, tasteful lighting, and 2 wireless microphones for speeches for your reception.
- Ceremony & Reception package – If you want DJ Dan to play some background music before and after the ceremony, plus your aisle music, he's happy to help. DJ Dan can also work with the celebrant if they don’t have a mic/speaker available.
What if you want a bit extra?
- MC – your DJ can also MC the reception. With a blend of romance, humour, and energy, DJ Dan will add another dimension to your wedding.
- Uplighting – You know how some wedding venues are just plain white walls, but some have beautiful colours shooting up to add atmosphere and warmth to the room? That’s uplighting, it’s amazing!
- Dancing on a Cloud – Perform your first dance on a cloud of low-lying fog for a truly magical experience.
- Cold Spark – If you thought indoor fireworks aren’t a good idea, check out our cold spark machines. Safe, no mess, and a beautiful effect for your bridal party entrance, first dance, and farewell.
- Live musicians - How about some live sax? Maybe a singer or some percussion/bongos?
- Photobooth - Give you guests something to have fun with early in the night in those little breaks between food, before the dancefloor kicks off.
Check out the pics below, and please get in touch so DJ Dan can make your wedding experience perfect!