If you’re on the hunt for a wedding DJ who can read the room, get people on the dancefloor, and seamlessly transition from a current hit to a classic (bit of Walking on Sunshine, anyone?), then we at Spinning Disc Entertainment are a great fit for your wedding. Entertaining weddings in Melbourne, the Yarra Valley, Dandenong Ranges, and Mornington Peninsula, we offer talented, experienced DJs for special occasions. Our DJs are approachable, take requests, and can change the atmosphere from romantic and emotional to upbeat and wild in seconds - whatever you need, really!
We work closely with you so your reception is exactly how you imagine it - whether that’s a relaxed party vibe with everyone doing their best Macarena moves or a more sophisticated evening with formal dancing. Our hardworking team will ask you about special songs you want included, which first dance, reception entrance, and father-daughter dance songs are to be played, and can even craft custom mixes if necessary.
If you’re interested, we have a number of upgrade packages. For example, you might like to add on a lighting package. This package includes coloured lighting that will liven up the room and dancefloor, helping guests to loosen up and show off their best moves.
Spinning Disc Entertainment also offers incredible MC services. Founder Dan Miatt is a charismatic, entertaining, and thoughtful host who can respectfully tell your stories, introduce speakers, and let guests know about the venue’s facilities, all the while playing sets in between - it’s a win, win service!
“We would like to say a massive thank you for not only being a wonderful DJ on the night of our wedding, but also for all your help in orchestrating the surprise groomsmen dance. From the secret meetings, the music mixing and to helping it run smoothly on the night. That dance was an absolute highlight which we will remember forever. Thank you.” Kane
What you can expect when working with Spinning Disc Entertainment for your wedding:
- Experienced wedding DJ - Spinning Disc Entertainment has a number of highly experienced DJs, so you can rest assured your wedding DJ will be excellent at what they do and well-versed in performing at weddings.
- A large list of songs - This team has an extensive range of music for couples to choose from, including old school classics, today’s chart hits, and wedding-centric songs - Bruno Mars’s Marry You, being one of them!
- Takes requests - Got a song in mind that you simply must play at your wedding? Spinning Disc Entertainment will make it happen.
- Reads the room - If your guests are screaming out for ABBA or indicating they’d like a song that they can belt out the lyrics to (our pick? Livin on a Prayer, or maybe Mr Brightside suits your family and friends better?), your wedding DJ will be able to tell and seamlessly switch to a new song.
- Great service - From your first consultation to your experience on the night, you will receive excellent customer service from Spinning Disc Entertainment’s DJs and customer service team.
Here’s what else you need to know about Spinning Disc Entertainment:
- Custom mix -There’s no telling how far this team is willing to go for their couples. A past groom even had Spinning Disc Entertainment create a custom mix created so he could perform a surprise dance medley at his reception.
- Talented MC - Finding a friend or family member who is confident enough to speak in front of a whole wedding party can be difficult, which is why Dan Miatt from Spinning Disc Entertainment is willing to do it! He’s quick-witted, well-spoken, and charming - even your mum will like him!
What packages are available?
- Reception package – Your DJ will bring quality sound & DJ equipment, tasteful lighting, and 2 microphones for speeches for your reception.
- Ceremony & Reception package – If you want the DJ to play some background music before and after the ceremony, plus your aisle music, we’re happy to help. We can also work with the celebrant if they don’t have a mic/speaker available.
What if you want a bit extra?
- MC – your DJ can also MC the reception. With a blend of romance, humour, and energy, our DJ/MCs can add another dimension to your wedding.
- Uplighting – You know how some wedding venues are just plain white walls, but some have beautiful colours shooting up to add atmosphere and warmth to the room? That’s uplighting, it’s amazing!
- Dancing on a Cloud – Perform your first dance on a cloud of low-lying fog for a truly magical experience.
- Cold Spark – If you thought indoor fireworks aren’t a good idea, check out our cold spark machines. Safe, no mess, and a beautiful effect for your bridal party entrance, first dance, and farewell.
Check out the pics below, and please get in touch so we can make your wedding experience perfect!