“Where have I seen you play?” is a common question Melbourne musician Andrew McClelland gets asked. It could have been at the centrepiece parties for the Melbourne International Film Festival, Comedy Festival, or the Melbourne and Sydney Taste Festivals.
Perhaps it was during his insanely popular ongoing 12-year stint at Trades Hall with his club night entitled ‘Mr McClelland’s Finishing School’, or when he was headlining clubs in the UK, South-East Asia and New Zealand.
Or it could have been when he was the official, only support act for Cher’s 2018 AUS/NZ tour. Cher, everyone.
When it comes to weddings, Andrew uses all of his experience in the entertainment industry to ensure you and your guests have the best night of your lives. Not one to shy away from a boogie behind the decks, Andrew knows how to read a crowd and serve up the tunes that will keep them dancing all night long.
As an MC, Andrew’s comedic skills come out to play. He’ll keep you and your guests smiling as he effortlessly guides you all through the reception schedule, ensuring all the formalities get done before the party starts.
What you can expect from Andrew McClelland for your Melbourne wedding:
- An internationally renowned entertainer. Andrew has taken his sets all over the world, playing clubs in the UK, NZ, and Asia. In 2018 he was selected to be the opening act for Cher’s 2018 AUS/NZ tour.
- A wide range of music. Never walking into a wedding with a “set”, Andrew prefers to read the crowd and adapt the music to suit their energy. From Elvis and Bowie to Justin Timberlake and Beyonce, Andrew has something for everyone.
- Andrew is very happy take musical direction and tailor the night to your tastes and take requests, or you can just relax and let him read the crowd and create a set to the crowd's tastes, live.
What you’ll love about Andrew McClelland for your Melbourne wedding:
- He gives 100% to every event. Weddings are such a special moment in your life, and Andrew knows that music and MC-ing is a critical component. That’s why he works incredibly hard to ensure you and your guests have a memorable time.
- He’ll get the dancefloor going. Event organisers have praised Andrew’s ability to get people onto the dancefloor. Using his intuition and experience, Andrew can encourage your guests to get down with the right track.
"As always you were fantastic and will no doubt be the talking point among our guests for years to come." Briony A