Does it matter if I'm not having dancing at my wedding?
I don't have a dance floor and my wedding is during the day :)
Should we have a band?
We are struggling to decide whether to have a band at our wedding reception. We have the option as it's a friend's band and it will be either free or greatly reduced in cost.
Things to consider:
- They play exactly my fiance's taste in music
- It won't cost much
- It will make the friend happy to be included
- The friend is my boss
- The style of music clashes significantly with our 1930s vintage theme (we are having guests dress to the theme and our venue is also vintage styled)
- It's the opposite of my taste in music
- Some guests will love it, some will hate it
- They won't be able to play our first wedding dance song as that will be jazzy (but we can play this over speakers)
What should we do?