With the help of My Celebrant Buddy, couples across Australia are veering away from traditional celebrants in favour of being married by beloved friends and family members. This means their beautiful wedding ceremonies are special, personalised, heartfelt, and officiated by someone deeply important to them, as opposed to a celebrant the couple has just met. So how, pray tell, do they do this? My Celebrant Buddy.
My Celebrant Buddy is the highly-rated business of an excellent marriage celebrant with more than five years of industry experience, Paul Bonadio. Paul is charismatic, hardworking, friendly, and oh-so-easy to work with! When you book his service, My Celebrant Buddy, Paul will assist in the ceremony planning process and take care of the legal aspects of your wedding (this will be completed either on the day of, before, or after your wedding) while your chosen celebrant does the talking. Paul will train your chosen marriage celebrant by way of lessons (including how to write a fun, sentimental ceremony script and tips on public speaking), and give them all the insight and resources needed to prepare a dreamy ceremony that you’ll remember forever.
With a person you know and love at the helm of your wedding ceremony, rest assured they’ll be able to weave personal touches throughout your ceremony. Such as funny stories about your time together, in-jokes (although be warned, you may want to pick a friend who won’t tell the cringy story of how you first met!), or sweet anecdotes you may have never heard before. With someone you love writing the ceremony script, the possibilities are endless!
This exceptional and creative idea is a relatively new concept, but appreciated by engaged couples nonetheless. Their beloved friend or family member can officiate their wedding without the months of training, necessary licence, and Attorney-General approval, ensuring a one-of-a-kind ceremony that wedding guests and couples alike will appreciate. So who will you pick to be your celebrant? Your dad? Sister? Or - if you’re feeling really brave - the best man!
“Paul offers a really unique, personable and amazingly different celebrant service with his 'My Celebrant Buddy' and was the perfect addition to our wedding. Paul was super professional, assisted with our every need and that of our friend we chose to ‘marry’ us and made our wedding that much more special.” Tash
What you can expect when working with My Celebrant Buddy for your wedding:
- Your choice of celebrant. With My Celebrant Buddy, you can choose whoever you’d like to be your celebrant, including beloved family members and hilarious friends who you just know will have your guests engaged and laughing.
- Lessons and support. Paul will give your chosen celebrant fun, comprehensive, lessons so they’re prepared for your big day. This includes ceremony script samples, templates, and advice on where to stand. Conveniently, these lessons are delivered online, so your celebrant doesn’t need to travel and can fit in lessons with their schedule.
- Personalised ceremony. Your celebrant will be able to write a completely bespoke ceremony script full of personal touches. And as they know you both as a couple, this will be way more meaningful and intimate than if a professional writes the script.
- Legals taken care of. With My Celebrant Buddy, you can ask Paul to take care of the paperwork and legals before, during, or after your wedding ceremony.
Here’s what else you need to know about My Celebrant Buddy.
- Lots of experience. Paul has been a highly-sought after marriage celebrant for the past five years, and has plenty of advice and wisdom to offer your chosen celebrant.
- Australia-wide service. My Celebrant Buddy is available nationwide, so whether you live in Perth, Sydney or otherwise, you can enjoy being married by a loved one.
- DIY and backyard weddings. My Celebrant Buddy is ideal for all styles of wedding, but it’s especially true for DIY and backyard weddings.
“One of our favourite parts of the wedding was the ceremony! When we found out about Paul's My Celebrant Buddy' business we were sold. We knew exactly who (a friend) we wanted to be our celebrant and Paul allowed that to happen. The whole process of working with Paul was so easy, from the first coffee catch up through to the wedding day.” Katherine