Located in the bustling suburb of Camperdown, the University of Sydney offers beautiful historic spaces and picturesque lawns for wedding celebrations. Within the grounds, there are several unique locations perfect for hosting both your wedding ceremony and reception. These include ornate, stained-glass windowed halls and several other wonderous indoor and outdoor spaces.
When it comes to preparing mouthwatering wedding menus, the University of Sydney partners with local hospitality group The Fresh Collective. The group offers a series of delicious signature menus tailored to various occasions, using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. Each menu has been designed by a talented executive chef, with options including decadent multi-course meals, grazing tables, live-action food stations, delectable canapés, and shared style dining.
The University of Sydney offers an array of stunning spaces for your wedding:
- The Great Hall. The University of Sydney’s magnificent Great Hall offers a historic prestige that is sure to elevate your wedding day. This dramatic century-old setting boasts a 350-person banquet capacity and extends to 600 people for cocktail receptions. Boasting beautiful sandstone walls and access to the stunning Quadrangle lawns — The Great Hall is a fabulous choice for your wedding celebrations.
- The McLaurin Hall. One of the oldest buildings on campus, The McLaurin Hall truly must be seen to be believed. Located on the second floor of the quadrangle building, this stunning space holds up to 450 people. This spectacular space offers the grandeur of high ceilings and opulent lighting and can be styled beautifully for wedding receptions.
- The Drawing Room. Fancy some pre-reception drinks and nibbles? The Drawing room provides an intimate but no less classy setting for your wedding guests to mingle. Featuring lavish antique chandeliers and plenty of old-world character, it’s the perfect set-up for your reception at the University of Sydney.
Highlights of University of Sydney weddings:
- Elegant historical grounds and buildings
- A choice of several unique settings for any occasion
- Exclusively partnering with The Fresh Collective to offer bespoke wedding menus
- Can cater to any event type, large or small
- A wide range of delicious cuisines tailored to your vision
- Fantastic location for accommodation, shopping, and local amenities