Located just 15 minutes away from the town of Sheffield and 40 minutes from Devonport, sits the charming Cottage in the Pines. This gorgeous property is nestled in an enchanting pine tree forest, with - as if it could get any more fairytale-like - cute animals calling this wild space home. This area is perfect for dreamy outdoor ceremonies with a rustic forest background. Meanwhile, there’s enough space on the property for a marquee reception, if that tickles your fancy.
As this quaint venue is designed for DIY weddings, you’re welcome to bring in your own drinks and catering, making this lovely property an ideal option for couples wanting to design their wedding exactly as they’d like. The cottage itself is made of mud brick and is an ideal place for pre-wedding preparations and a good night’s rest after your night of celebrating.
“What a great little getaway! We loved the cosy stone cottage and walking down to the creek on the property. Close enough to still get to town if you don’t feel like cooking otherwise had everything you need in the kitchen. The area itself wow! Cannot get enough of those mountain views.” Trent
What you can expect when working with Promised Land Events at Cottage in the Pines for your wedding:
- Lovely environment. If mountain views, a quiet creek, and a pine forest sound like your idea of a magical setting for your wedding, then you’ll love Promised Land Events at Cottage in the Pines.
- Peaceful cottage. This fairytale-like property is as enchanting as they come: Animals frequent the area, while a gorgeous cottage sits nestled in the secluded, picturesque woods. If you choose to stay the night before or after your wedding in this quiet cottage, you might like to curl up on the couch with a good book, a glass of wine, and enjoy the fireplace.
- BYO drinks. Couples are welcome to bring their own delicious drinks to this property, however, there is a small corkage fee of $5 per person.
- Bring in a caterer. One of the best things about weddings at Cottage in the Pines is that couples have the freedom to bring in their own catering. So, if modest-sized canapes don’t appeal to you? Forget it, go for your food of choice! Might we suggest a food truck? Or how about authentic Italian pizza?
Here’s what else you need to know about Promised Land Events at Cottage in the Pines.
- Marquee hire. Marquee hire can be organised for you at a small additional cost if you’re after a lovely summer evening reception in Tasmania's great outdoors.
- Capacity. This charming venue can host between two and 120 wedding guests at your ceremony and reception.
- Outdoor ceremony. There are plenty of picturesque places on this expansive property to host your ceremony, each offering breathtaking views, a wild atmosphere, and a secluded place to say ‘I do’.
- BYO camping. Your wedding guests are welcome to glamp under the stars on your wedding night - this will make for a wonderful evening and memorable adventure.
Can we access the whole property?
Yes, the entire property is available for couples and guests. Care must be taken as it is a rural property and there is an unfenced dam located away from the cottage but still on the property.
What’s the accommodation like at Promised Land Events at Cottage in the Pines?
The cottage can sleep up to five people and the studio can sleep two people if the couple chooses to share their space with family or guests. In addition, guests can BYO camping on the grounds. There are also a number of local accommodation places nearby.