Tailrace Centre is a picturesque wedding venue nestled in Tasmania’s gorgeous Launceston by the River Tamar. It boasts stunning indoor and outdoor wedding settings, exquisite floor-to-ceiling glass, delicious catering, and 10+ years of experience in the wedding industry. For exclusive ceremony sites, spectacular styling services, and incredible customer service, look no further!
If you’re on the hunt for a gorgeous wedding venue complete with luscious gardens, modern interiors, and delectable menus, you’ll love what Tailrace Centre has to offer. Situated against the River Tamar, you’ll already have an exquisite backdrop for unique, elegant wedding photographs. With a hidden oasis of lush greenery and tall trees, sweeping lawns, and spacious function rooms, the possibilities are endless.
Having organised over 400 weddings, the Tailrace Centre team know how to create an unforgettable wedding experience. With fantastic styling services, versatile packages, and an abundance of gorgeous wedding decor at your fingertips, you’ll have no trouble bringing your dream wedding to life.
Whether you’d like a sweet, intimate gathering or a grand, lavish affair, this sophisticated, picture-perfect venue can accommodate. Their striking contemporary features, magical private gardens, and versatile catering options offer the perfect setting for any wedding style or theme.
“We were absolutely blown away with the Tailrace Centre. Their communication was fantastic. The ladies were easy to talk to. The location was STUNNING! Our ceremony was perfect! We really could not have asked for anything more. We got married in the gardens down the bottom. It was peaceful, private, and a gorgeous spot once everything came together! Thank you to the Tailrace team. We are very blessed!” — Brooke H.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Tailrace Centre Tasmania:
- Stunning indoor and outdoor wedding settings. Tailrace Centre boasts picturesque ceremony and reception locations you’ll simply fall in love with. The gorgeous secluded Willow Lawn is perfect for both an intimate ceremony and reception, complete with lush plant life, tall trees, and sparkling sunlight filtering through the leaves. The light and airy Chapel boasts exquisite floor-to-ceiling glass and lovely garden views ideal for a romantic indoor ceremony. The Tamar Room is also surrounded by glass, offering an intimate reception space. And let’s not forget about the spacious Freycinet Room — perfect for a larger, lively reception!
- Spectacular planning and styling services. Whether you have a crystal clear idea in mind of how you’d like your wedding to look or are simply brainstorming at this point, the expert styling team at Tailrace Centre can help! With several styling packages to choose from, beautiful wedding decor and furniture, and amazing planning assistance, you won’t have to worry about a thing. You are also more than welcome to take the styling into your own hands if you wish.
- Fantastic catering options. Whether you’re after a formal multi-course, sit-down dinner, a casual cocktail party, a shared banquet feast, or a delightful buffet, Tailrace Centre has you covered! With delicious in-house catering available, you and your guests won’t go hungry.
What Tailrace Centre Tasmania weddings are like:
- Gorgeous, riverside wedding venue
- 10+ years of experience in the wedding industry
- Beautiful indoor and outdoor wedding settings
- In-house and off-site catering
- Fantastic styling and wedding planning services
- Endless stunning photo opportunities
- Celebrant services
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Tailrace Centre Tasmania?
Tasmania’s stunning Tailrace Centre can accommodate up to 200 guests for a lovely, picture-perfect wedding experience.
“Tailrace Centre was fantastic! The team were very helpful, accommodating, and generous. They made the whole process smooth and stress-free. The food was delicious and of high quality, the team on the night were courteous and professional, and everything went perfectly. We especially appreciated how flexible and accommodating they were with us doing our own decorations and that there were no extra fees or unexpected costs.” — Jordan H.
I've been in the wedding industry for over 15 years and ! simply love watching couples make soul commitments to each other. I love fussing over brides and their families doing all I can to make their journey to the day and the day joy filled. It is such a wonderful thing to be part of someone's "I Do!" To watch love in action.