If you’re on the hunt for a highly capable, charming musician or duo to play incredible live music at your wedding, then your search is over. RJ Unplugged combines the talents of guitarist and singer RJ Bentley and his sister Jessica, who perform covers of much-loved songs at weddings across Queensland. From Stevie Wonder’s ‘I just called to say I love you’ to Lady Gaga’s ‘Shallow’, this solo musician or duo - it’s up to you! - will perform beautiful covers of some of your favourite songs.
RJ Unplugged offers numerous, flexible wedding packages, which can be tailored to your liking - so whether you’re after live songs before, during and after the ceremony, or want music from your ceremony right through to the end of the night, a custom wedding package can be created to suit your needs, just chat to the lovely performers behind this highly successful business for a quote.
“RJ Unplugged played at our wedding on Mt Tamborine. Richard did solo acoustic music which was amazing and really made the atmosphere at the wedding. My husband and I were so lucky to have him. With all the stress we didn’t really have suggestions for songs but Richard asked us a few questions and then nailed the playlist! We even had guests comment that he was incredibly talented and he was able to fit the mood of the wedding perfectly (beautiful slow songs in ceremony - fun songs to dance the night away too). Richard also MC’d for us which was incredible as it allowed the rest of our family and friends to enjoy the night with no worry. I couldn’t recommend him highly enough for weddings!” Nikki
What you can expect when working with RJ Unplugged for your Gold Coast wedding:
- Beautiful music. RJ Bentley and his sister Jessica are highly experienced performers, with this pair having played their beautiful music at weddings, private parties, gigs and corporate functions across Queensland. You'll love their ‘energetic, bright and rhythmic sound’ and quality voices.
- Quality vocals. As mentioned above, you should expect top-notch vocals from this gifted pair. These two can harmonise perfectly, covering well-known songs with ease - all the while incorporating their own twist.
- Extensive song list. RJ Unplugged has an extensive song list for couples to choose from! This team performs a wide variety of genres and can play both slower songs and upbeat tunes to get guests on the dancefloor. So whether you’re after some Fleetwood Mac, Whitney Houston or Ed Sheeran, RJ can make it happen.
- Tailored packages. While RJ Unplugged offers a range of flexible and convenient wedding packages, you might be after something a little more specific, which is why RJ tailors wedding packages to suit his clients’ needs - hurrah!
- Ceremony to send-off. RJ Unplugged can play music at every stage of your wedding, including for the aisle entrance, registry signing, reception bridal party entrance, cake cutting, and first dance.
“He was absolutely BRILLIANT! They really made a great night into one of the best nights we have ever had. We go and see a lot of bands and musos all the time and RJ is right up there. He had the whole party rocking all night and was that good we arranged for them to play an extra 2 hours. I highly recommend anyone looking for a first class musician to get in contact with RJ.” David
Here’s what else you need to know about RJ Unplugged.
- Solo or duo. RJ Unplugged can perform as a charismatic solo or duo ensemble - it’s entirely your choice. When performing at weddings solo, RJ uses his vocal depth and rich, rock acoustic sound to enchant and delight guests. However, when they perform as a musical duo, this brother-sister team harmonise and command the room! You can’t really go wrong with this choice...
- Private events. RJ Unplugged is often booked for weddings, however, they may also be booked for private parties, anniversaries, birthdays, engagements, corporate events and other social gatherings.
- Gold Coast and surrounds. While guitarist and vocalist RJ is based on the Gold Coast, he happily travels to the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and regional Queensland to perform his beautiful music at weddings.
Tell us about your wedding packages and inclusions.
Ceremony & Canapes (Solo/Duo)
- 3 hours
- 30 minutes live acoustic pre-ceremony
- 3 live songs during the ceremony (Eg. aisle song, registry signing song, exit song)
- 15 minutes live entertainment post-ceremony
- 1.5 hours of live music during canapes
- Playlist music service provided during breaks
* Duo option includes added female vocals and percussion
*All prices include GST
Reception Dinner & Dance (Solo/Duo)
- 6 hours
- 4 hours live music during the reception
- Playlist music service provided during all breaks
- 2 hour DJ dance set including songs selected by couple for bouquet toss, garter removal, couples exiting song
The Ultimate Wedding (Solo/Duo)
- 8 hours
- Up to 6 hours live music
- Everything included from both the 'Ceremony & Canapes' and 'Reception Dinner & Dance' package
Do you include sound, lighting or other equipment in your pricing?
Yes. All wedding packages include a high quality speaker system and equipment, battery-powered speakers (for remote locations), a wireless microphone for speeches and professional dancefloor lighting.
“Richie has played at many venues across greater Brisbane & the Gold Coast over the last 12 months. His focus on making sure the client has a great experience is second to none - working with clients to make sure as many favourites are on his playlist for the gig. Richie’s sound is fresh, easy to listen to & of course makes you want to get up & dance. Looking forward to our next event where Richie & Jess will be a big part of our celebrations!” La