Cheryl Warry of Once Bitten Twice Smitten

1 5 5.0 (36 reviews) 
Service Area
Melbourne and Suburbs | Mornington Peninsula | Phillip Island | Yarra Valley | Latrobe Valley | Yarr
Business Hours
By Appointment
0477 219 164


question has been submitted to Easy Weddings for review.

Something went wrong, please try again soon.

What does a Celebrant do?

I complete and submit all legal paperwork, assist in creating and compiling your ceremony and I conduct/solemnise the ceremony in accordance with the law of Australia. I supply the couple with the appropriate commemorative marriage certificate on the day of their ceremony. 

What are the legal requirements for marriage in Australia?

  • Before you can marry, the law requires that you lodge with your celebrant the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM). This form must be submitted to your celebrant , a minimum of one calendar month prior to the wedding. This form can be completed with your celebrant to ensure accuracy. The form remains active for 18 calendar months from the date of submission.
  • You must be over the age of 18
  • If you are Australian born, you must show your original birhtc ertificate in English or a passport. If born outside Australia you are required to show your birth certificate or passport from your country of birth
  • If either of you have been previously married, you will have to provide me with your Divorce Decree Absolute papers and/or if either of your spouses are deceased, you must provide the death certifice
  • On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses over the age of 18

How do I apply for my marriage certificate after the wedding?

You can obtain the required application form and details from the Births, deaths and Marriages website - state specific.

When do I need to book a celebrant?

As long as it is one calendar month prior to the wedding, you can book your celebrant any time. The sooner the better to secure your date. Please contact me once you have confirmed your venue, to then check my availability, pricing and to the secure your date.

What is your privacy policy?

Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose than to complete the necessary paperwork and certificates for the ceremony. I do not pass on or sell any information collected, or disclose the contents to any other person, nor use it for any purpose or copy the information in any form. All information is treated with confidentiallity. 

Is a rehearsal necessary?

It is not compuslory, however to ensure everything runs as sommothly as possible on the day, I highly recommend a rehearsal. It is preferrable to have all the bridal party in attendance, but not necessary. If children are involved in the ceremony, then I suggest they have a run through so they can be a little familiar with where to walk. Of course on the day anything can happen, but better to be prepared as best as you can.

I also suggest that if you are having an outdoor ceremony, then try to have the rehearsal at approximately teh same time of day so you can guage the position of the sun, - don't want the bride and her ladies squinting in to the sunlight and have their makeup ruined.

What proof of marriage will I receive on my wedding day?

On your wedding day you will receive a certificate known as the 'party certificate'. This certificate is for your own records, or you may be able to use it as evidence that have recently been married to ask for honeymoon rates!

The party certificate may not be accepted as proof of marriage for official purposes, such as updating your driver licence or passport to your married name.

If you need a certificate as official proof of marriage, you will need to apply to BDM for a standard marriage certificate.

You can apply for your standard marriage certificate any time after your wedding ceremony. Please note that the Registry can only issue a standard marriage certificate once your marriage is registered. It is your celebrant's responsibility to ensure the marriage is registered by lodging the documents within 14 days of your wedding ceremony.

Are witnesses required at my ceremony?

Yes. You must have two witnesses attend your wedding ceremony, to witness the ceremony and sign the marriage certificates.

Witnesses can be any family member or friend and must be at least 18 years of age.

What do I need to do to change my surname after the ceremony?

If you were married in Australia and want to update legal documents such as your drivers licence, bank details or passport to your married name, you do not need to register a change of name. Instead, you will need to present a standard marriage certificate as proof of marriage.


Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Win a Maldives honeymoon

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!
* Competition Excludes ACT

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.