Looking for a venue that combines history and natural beauty? Look no further than Overnewton Castle. This heritage-listed garden and castle wedding venue is just 15 minutes from Melbourne and offers stunning views of the Victorian countryside. Your wedding day at Overnewton Castle will begin with a ceremony in the English gardens, followed by a dinner reception in the formal dining room.
Built by William Taylor in the mid-19th century, Overnewton Castle has been entertaining guests for over 170 years. Today, it's a family-owned and managed reception center that prides itself on personal and professional service with attention to every detail.
With a capacity of up to 150 guests for a sit-down dinner and 240 for cocktail receptions, Overnewton Castle is an ideal venue for an elegant and sophisticated wedding celebration. Plus, the onsite accommodation means you and your guests can stay overnight and enjoy the venue for even longer.
Don't forget to ask about our photographic packages to capture all the special moments of your day. Come and see this wonderful historical castle for yourself. Winter and mid-week specials are also available!
"I had my wedding ceremony at Overnewton Castle and it matched my Disney-themed wedding perfectly. All the staff were so helpful and friendly, ensuring the ceremony, rehearsal and preparation went smoothly. They were very organised and made sure I had everything I wanted and needed for my day. The views are stunning, and there are so many amazing places to take photos in and around the castle. Would definitely recommend having your wedding at Overnewton Castle." — Amanda L.
What weddings at Overnewton Castle are like:
- Award-winning. Overnewton Castle was the 2022 winner of the Historical Venue Greater Melbourne award at the Wedding Industry Awards, so you can trust that you're choosing a venue with a stellar reputation. And with both outdoor and indoor ceremony options, you can customize your wedding day to suit your unique vision.
- Elegant and classic aesthetic. Overnewton Castle boasts an elegant and classic aesthetic that is perfect for couples looking for a timeless wedding venue. The castle's Scottish Baronial style, original carved oak panels shipped out from Scotland in the 1850s, and central crystal chandelier in the formal dining room all add to its unique charm and sophistication. The English gardens provide a picturesque backdrop for outdoor ceremonies, while the chapel creates a more formal atmosphere for indoor ceremonies. The attention to every detail, both in the design and the personal and professional service, ensures that every wedding at Overnewton Castle is nothing short of exceptional. The venue's aesthetic is sure to impress and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Unforgettable ceremonies and receptions. The perfect setting for a sophisticated reception, and can accommodate up to 150 guests for a sit-down dinner or 240 guests for a cocktail reception. Additionally, the venue's onsite accommodation allows couples and their guests to stay overnight and make the most of their time at the castle. With a range of picturesque locations for photography, couples can capture their special day against the backdrop of this stunning and historic castle. Whether indoor or outdoor, formal or informal, Overnewton Castle's ceremony, reception, and photography locations offer something for everyone.
Highlights of your wedding at Overnewton Castle:
- 2022 Winner of Historical Venue Greater Melbourne (Wedding Industry Awards)
- Onsite Accommodation
- Outdoor Weddings
- Indoor Weddings
- Reception and Ceremony locations
- Photographic packages
"My partner and I had the pleasure of having our traditional Sri Lankan and civil ceremony at the Overnewton Castle gardens. The castle and garden areas are very beautiful, unique and a truly magical place to get married. We loved the elegant details throughout the castle which look timeless. Emma and her team were very easy to work with, for both our vendors and us. They were accommodating to everything and even provided suggestions which was helpful when we couldn’t decide what we wanted. Our wedding was outdoors and it was quite hot that day with no cloud cover but there was plenty of shade for the guests to stand under the trees. We provided a layout of how we wanted the ceremony setup and they made it happen. We highly recommend the venue (not just for weddings)." — Chamindi P.
Built in the 1850s, Overnewton Castle Receptions offers their Scottish Baronial-style homestead, restored grand dining room and idyllic English Gardens to host the quintessential Fairy Tale wedding.
Mrs Emma Stott