Taronga Zoo weddings by Epicure always offer couples a day to remember. Not only will you get close up access to the sensational animal exhibits, but you’ll be able to dine and dance in a variety of elegant, nature-inspired event spaces. Fitted with floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase the beautiful landscaped gardens and harbour views, the bright and contemporary function rooms effortlessly blend into the environment.
Taronga Zoo is an attractive destination for any style of wedding — it’s a versatile venue with award-winning catering provided by Epicure.
Whether you're planning an intimate boutique-style wedding for 60 guests, a grand gala dinner for 200 guests, or a splash-out cocktail party for 300 guests, Taronga Zoo weddings are simply spectacular.
The amazing sunset views of Sydney's city skyline offer an unforgettable ceremony backdrop, while countless outdoor opportunities abound for beautiful post-ceremony photo ops.
Top three things you’ll love about your Taronga Zoo wedding:
- Sydney Harbour views. Each wedding reception space at Taronga Zoo features floor-to-ceiling windows with uninterrupted views of Sydney Harbour. Your guests will be delighted by the vantage points indoors and out, with balconies and circular room layouts ensuring there are plenty of sights to see.
- Remarkable photo locations. With 28 hectares of photo ops, Taronga Zoo is like a wedding photographer's playground. Get up close with the animals in the zoo, explore secret gardens, and capture the backdrop of Sydney Harbour.
- Delicious catering. Epicure is the exclusive catering partner of Taronga Zoo. They source locally grown and produced foods, and offer high-quality seasonal menus. They strive to be at the forefront of ethically responsible catering.
The versatile ceremony and reception options at Taronga Zoo:
- The N'galawa Terrace. Above the ballroom, the N’galawa Terrace enjoys a gorgeous outlook over the zoo premises and Sydney Harbour. Features include beech herringbone flooring, a wraparound balcony, and 180-degree views through floor-to-ceiling windows. Capacity: 80-150 guests.
- The Dalang Ballroom. The Dalang Ballroom is the largest blank canvas space on offer, with a neutral colour palette and 180-degree views of Sydney Harbour. It’s an impressive dining area with a private wraparound balcony that you can dress to fit your wedding theme. Capacity: 220 guests.
- The Gili Rooftop. The Gili Rooftop is known for the best views of Sydney. With sweeping harbour views by day and a sparkling night’s sky overhead by night, the semi-circular terrace proves picture-perfect for intimate wedding ceremonies and receptions. Bi-fold doors give the interior an open and airy feel. Capacity: 60 guests.
- Lawn Event Spaces. The outdoor event spaces at Taronga Zoo all have unparalleled views of Sydney Harbour. The impressive Bird Amphitheatre, Harbour View Lawns and the African Savannah all offer gorgeous wedding settings.
What the Taronga Zoo wedding spaces are like:
- A variety of flexible event spaces, including a rooftop, ballroom, terrace and gardens
- The maximum wedding capacity is 220 seated and 300 standing
- Experienced Taronga Zoo Wedding Coordinator
- Stunning views of the city skyline and Sydney Harbour
- An abundance of natural light through the floor-to-ceiling windows
- Contemporary interiors and full wheelchair access
- Exclusive use of your event space on your wedding day
- Exceptional catering by Epicure
Here’s what else you need to know about Taronga Zoo weddings:
- The venue is an easy 12-minute ferry ride from Sydney CBD
- Spacious terraces and lawns for romantic outdoor photographs
- On-site accommodation available at the Wildlife Retreat
- White Tiffany chairs included
What Taronga Zoo wedding couples say:
‘Taronga Zoo was the perfect venue. Our guests loved the view (vivid was on) and commented on the great food. Throughout the whole planning process, the Wedding Coordinator was amazing. She was very informative and answered all of my questions. Everything went to plan and it was an incredible day. The venue is breathtaking, the food was tasty and the customer service throughout we could not fault.’ Kirsty C
What’s the wedding accommodation like at Taronga Zoo?
There are 62 carefully curated boutique hotel guest rooms at Taronga Zoo Sydney, offering experiences that range from resting in the treetops to gazing across Sydney Harbour. Couples have the choice to book exclusive use of all the rooms and suites, creating a real weekend retreat atmosphere for your dream wedding experience.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Taronga Zoo?
- Bradleys Head Amphitheatre
- Sirius Cove Reserve
- Clifton Gardens Reserve
- Balmoral Beach
Is Taronga Zoo a nice place for a wedding?
Definitely. Taronga Zoo by Epicure weddings are an incredible celebration of nature. From the exciting wildlife displays to the sustainable wedding menus, animal and nature lovers will appreciate this exciting venue just 12 minutes from Sydney CBD. The wedding team look forward to discussing your ideas and bringing them to life at Taronga Zoo.