Located in Perth’s beautiful Swan Valley, Caversham House is a historic, opulent wedding venue on the banks of Swan River. This award-winning venue is ideal for luxurious weddings, with the expansive property offering multiple idyllic ceremony and reception locations. Each spot is dreamy in its own unique way, but they all offer breathtaking views and excellent facilities.
If you’re after an enchanting garden wedding, you might like to host your ceremony in the Hidden Gardens or in the Garden House. This House looks like it belongs in a fairytale, and has been a popular spot for weddings since the 1960s. It is located on the manicured lawn of the Main House, and has French doors, elegant wool carpet, and diamond chandeliers. Planning something a bit more intimate? You could host your ceremony in the open-aired Colonnade; this area is set above a four-storey waterfall and is surrounded by native gum trees - it’s a lovely spot for a quintessentially Australian wedding.
As for wedding receptions? Well, Caversham House has a number of truly wonderful places to host your wedding celebration - after all, this exquisite property was named 2012’s ‘Best Wedding Venue’ in Perth for a reason! Caversham House has two main reception and function rooms - the Caversham House Reception Room (built in 1835), and the Marquee Reception Room. Whatever your preference, the efficient, hardworking and professional staff at Caversham House will work with you to bring your wedding vision to life.
“We had our wedding at Caversham house on Sunday and it was perfect! It was a rainy day but my husband and I wanted to get married on the stairs in the rain and they were so helpful, organising and communicating and letting us have the wedding of our dreams. I highly recommend Caversham House. The venue and the staff are above and beyond. Thank you so much.” Ella
What you can expect when working with Caversham House for your wedding:
- Stunning venue. Caversham House is a truly beautiful wedding venue, with many picturesque locations and exquisite features on-site - your photographer will be thrilled! This award-winning, historic property boasts enchanting gardens, a magnificent four-storey waterfall, hand carved statues, historic architecture, French furnishings, and handmade wrought iron gates - it’s perfect for sophisticated wedding ceremonies and receptions.
- Multiple ceremony locations. When you book your wedding at Caversham House, you’ll be able to choose between the numerous, stunning ceremony sites. From the magical Garden House to the Hidden Gardens, there’s a dreamy location for your wedding ceremony.
- Outdoor reception spaces. Fancy a classic-inspired wedding reception in a historic building? How about a tasteful evening in an elegant marquee with crystal chandeliers and fairy lights? Caversham House has several beautiful locations for you to host your wedding celebration, with each only needing minimal decorating.
- Beautiful gardens. The team at Caversham House ensure to keep their grounds, lawn, and gardens looking immaculate all year round. As such, the space is dreamy, well-kept, and positively enchanting. You’ll love the formal gardens - this area looks exceptional in wedding portraits.
- Delicious menu. Your wedding menu will be a hit with guests! The fare served at your wedding will be modern, mouth-watering, and well-presented, with each course offering a unique blend of delicious flavours made from local, seasonal produce.
- Incredible beverages. What’s a wedding without an open bar? You’ll be able to choose between a number of tasty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for your reception, including some seriously delicious red and white wines.
“Absolutely beautiful location for both ceremony and reception, staff were amazing to work with, food was delicious and the whole night felt like a fairytale.” Haley
Here’s what else you need to know about Caversham House.
- Hardworking team. The staff at Caversham House are polite, knowledgeable, friendly, and oh-so-helpful. They’ll happily show you around their gorgeous property, assist you with any questions or enquiries, and make the wedding planning process incredibly easy. And on your wedding day? You’ll receive incredible service and lots of attention.
- Great location. Nestled on the banks of Swan River, Caversham House is located roughly 25 minutes from Perth's CBD, making it an ideal place to escape to the countryside - without excessive driving time.
- Winter weddings. Caversham House offers convenient winter wedding and mid-week packages at exceptional prices. These packages include the same incredible service, beautiful venue, and exceptional food and wine, but at great prices - perfect for those who want a luxurious wedding without breaking the bank.
- Marquee. If you’d always imagined hosting your dream wedding reception in a sophisticated marquee, then Caversham House is definitely the right venue for you. This exceptional venue has a stylish marquee that can accommodate 350 wedding guests cocktail-style or 250 for a seated dinner.
- Exclusive river access. If you’re looking to make a grand entrance for your wedding, then you might enjoy a boat ride on the Swan River with your bridal party and conveniently dock at our private jetty.
- Other events. Caversham House is certainly a lovely location for a wedding, and it's also an ideal place for school balls, reunions, charity events, birthdays, Christmas, christenings, anniversaries, and other special social occasions.
“We absolutely loved our wedding at the start of January at Caversham House! It’s like a fairytale and I felt like a real princess! The food was delicious, the staff were professional and everything ran smoothly.” Ashleigh
“Me and my wife Qunnie thank you so much for allowing us to hold our wedding on your beautiful grounds on January 3rd 2020, the hidden gardens and the garden house were fantastic and would not have been the same without your help from the manager, coordinators and all other staff on the day and behind the scenes, we thank you with all our hearts.” Travis