Set in the heart of Melbourne, State Library Victoria is a world-class heritage-listed wedding venue with a distinctive charm. Celebrate your unique love story in one of Australia's oldest cultural institutions, complete with stunning marble staircases, soaring bookshelves, and historic architecture dating back to the 1850s. The library can host both ceremony and reception in one gorgeous venue.
The State Library Victoria is a uniquely Melbournian venue that is sure to make your wedding one which guests will not soon forget. A perfect space for all couples, from the bibliophile couple to those wanting to celebrate in elegance and style, there is a sense of magic that emanates from the walls at the State Library Victoria, with an old-world glamour which is hard to find in event spaces today.
“We always said we wanted a unique city venue- well the Ian Potter Queens Hall at the State Library Victoria certainly had it all! Our vintage glamour wedding style matched perfectly with the stately room, that managed to handle a full night club vibe at the end of the night! Just stunning. We were so grateful to be able to gift our guests the experience of this gorgeous venue, ‘after dark’.” Jessica S
There are many distinct features unique to the Library, such as long elegant halls, grand marble staircases, Corinthian columns, galleries and reading rooms, just to name a few. Whether you are looking for a ceremony location, reception location, or both, the venue can cater to both, the State Library Victoria can cater to the needs of your big day.
Over the last decade, the State Library Victoria has been brought back to life with $88.1 million worth of redevelopments, which has exposed some of the never before seen rooms back to their original grandeur. These restorations haven’t infringed on the historical atmosphere; instead, they have created a seamless combination of new and old. There are now eleven new function spaces within the State Library that can host your dream wedding.
Showtime Event Group elite team of wedding planning specialists will be able to walk you through the range of wedding packages or help create you tailor a package that suits your needs and budget. Showtime Event Group doesn’t believe in cookie-cutter weddings, so your wedding will be treated as the unique event it’s meant to be.
What you’ll love about State Library Victoria for your wedding in Melbourne:
- The Showtime experience. The award-winning Wedding Team from Showtime Event Group will be with you every step of the way to arrange all of your essential details, provide guidance and support and create an unforgettable wedding celebration. Work with your dedicated Wedding Producer to make all your dreams come true.
- The extraordinary venue. Not many people get to experience one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues “after dark”, but when you choose the State Library Victoria as your wedding venue, you’ll get the complete VIP treatment. Be surrounded by historical books, grand architecture, and feel like a part of history.
- Ceremony and reception in one place. There’s no need for you to move between venues for your ceremony and reception because the State Library Victoria can host both. The Ian Potter Queen’s Hall is an exceptionally breathtaking ceremony location that would ideally suit a dramatic, royal aisle. Follow it up with a reception in the Cowen Gallery or La Trobe Reading Room.
Highlights of State Library Victoria in Melbourne:
- Heritage-listed Melbourne icon
- Showtime Events Group venue
- Award-winning events and catering team
Showtime Event Group is an award-winning Wedding venue and production company. We can plan your unforgettable day from start to finish with state-of-the-art venues, incredible staff and impeccable catering.
Showtime Event Group