Located on a sprawling landscape of vineyards and beautiful Victorian countryside, Mount Macedon Winery is a modern boutique winery wedding venue, located in the heart of the Macedon Ranges. This picturesque venue is surrounded by towering trees from the neighbouring regional park, and offers stunning backdrops of the nearby mountain range. Complementing the venue’s idyllic surrounds, Mount Macedon Winery offers a remarkable Australian food and wine programme and a combination of wedding reception spaces that are stylish and modern — fit for an unforgettable wedding atmosphere.
You might choose to host your ceremony in the garden or barn, followed by photos in one of the two magnificent, scenic vineyards. Meanwhile, sunset cocktail hour kicks off on the Cellar Door wine terrace, with your guests sampling beautifully crafted canapes and sipping wine made right here on the grounds.
Afterwards, you might like to retreat to the Mount Macedon Winery Restaurant and Cellar Door with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the vineyards. The dining experience for weddings at Mount Macedon Winery is all about embracing the best of local, seasonal fare, and the chef relies on the bounty of the region to create hearty meals that beautifully round out the food and wine centric experience.
“The most beautiful wedding venue in the Macedon Ranges! There are several options for ceremony and reception locations. The staff is super friendly and professional and the food is delicious. MMW has the most beautiful views and offers endless options for photos especially during sunset. Hands down one of my favourite venues to capture weddings at!” Anne, wedding photographer
Located an hour out of Melbourne and just 30 minutes from Melbourne Airport, this all-weather venue also has a vineyard site for marquees and stylish accommodation for two so you can spend your wedding weekend on the grounds.
What you can expect when you book Mount Macedon Winery for your Melbourne wedding:
- Modern venue. Mount Macedon Winery is a beautiful, luxurious vineyard wedding venue, complete with picturesque mountainside views, stylish accommodation, and a world-class restaurant.
- Delicious catering. Mount Macedon Winery offers flexible, delicious wedding catering and beverages packages, with hearty, feel-good meals made from select local produce. Whether you’re after a cocktail-style wedding or traditional plated dinner, this venue can accommodate your wishes.
- Incredible wine. Mount Macedon Winery offers incredible wine that vino aficionados and sporadic wine enthusiasts alike will enjoy. The venue produces three varieties, including chardonnay, pinot noir and sparkling, all of which will be served at your wedding.
- Ceremony location options. Couples can choose from a range of ceremony locations, including romantic gardens, inside a barn, and amongst the vines.
- Stunning views. This winery wedding venue is situated right next to Macedon Regional Park, and offers panoramic views of Mount Macedon and the Macedon Ranges, not to mention the extensive, beautiful farmland the venue is set on!
“The best decision we made for our entire wedding was having it at MMW. It's such a beautiful property and we couldn't have asked for anything more. You guys have done an amazing job and we can't wait to come back for lunch and maybe a sneaky weekend away. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.” Jade
What you’ll love about Mount Macedon Winery.
- Location. Mount Macedon is located one hour from metropolitan Melbourne and half an hour from Melbourne Airport. Guests will find this beautiful venue easy-to-reach and conveniently-located.
- Pet-friendly. While the on-site accommodation doesn’t allow pets, you’re more than welcome to invite Toby or Bella to be your ring bearer. Mount Macedon Winery is a dog-friendly wedding venue, and welcomes your fur babies to the ceremony.
- A charming overnight stay. There’s a lovely country cottage on the grounds that doubles as both a bright space for the bride to get ready on her wedding morning and a cosy retreat at the end of a beautiful wedding celebration.
- Wet weather options. Couples who book their wedding at Mount Macedon Winery won’t need to worry about wet weather on their special day, as this beautiful venue offers both indoor and outdoor ceremony options and undercover reception spaces.
- Plentiful photo opportunities. There are many aesthetically-pleasing locations on the grounds for couples to have their wedding photos taken, including stunning, manicured gardens and in front of the mountainside.
Here’s what else you need to know about Mount Macedon Winery:
- Mount Macedon Winery hosts incredible weddings, and they are also available for engagement parties, hens parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.
- Mount Macedon Winery’s fabulous restaurant can be enjoyed by all - no special occasion required. Enjoy a day away from the city and graze on a cheese board, drink some wine and enjoy the mountainside views - which you can see from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Mount Macedon Winery can assist you in finding the right celebrant, photographer, florist, hairdresser and wedding cake baker - whatever you need! This experienced team has worked with many of the local suppliers, and can recommend someone who fits your personality and wedding style.
- This delightful venue offers wine tastings, so whether you want to taste test some wines before landing on a beverage package or simply want to enjoy a good drink, Mount Macedon Winery has you covered.
Is there accommodation on-site or nearby?
There's one country cottage at Mount Macedon Winery, which most couples book as their bridal suite both the night prior to, and the night of, their wedding. The stylish accommodation features a large wood-fire, comfy king bed, spa, heating and cooling, a private outdoor deck and fully equipped kitchen. There are also a few hotels in the area, including Macedon Ranges Hotel and Spa, and Black Forest Motel.
What event spaces are available for a wedding ceremony?
Wedding ceremonies can be held either indoors or outdoors, including in the venue’s romantic gardens, on the manicured lawns, amongst the vines or in the repurposed barn.
What real wedding couples are saying about their Mount Macedon Winery wedding:
“A beautiful winery tucked away in the Mount Macedon hills. Perfect for our wedding and the venue has continued to blossom ever since. The location, setting and service are also dreamy for a quiet and relaxing lunch with friends (we’ve been a couple of times, enjoying the grazing board, pizzas and wines!). The hosts literally cater to any need, come rain or shine. Check out their Instagram for photos of how Elisha and Dylan have made the place sparkle. A proper local gem."
“From the moment we drove onto the property we knew this would be the place. Peaceful and beautiful! Upon meeting Chloe, we felt appreciated and from there on we were significantly looked after. Being a same-sex couple we were a little unsure how people would react, however, we did not feel alone at all. After multiple meetings and last-minute changes, Elisha and Chloe were amazing and catered to our every need. We highly recommend Mount Macedon Winery!"