If you’re on the hunt for an exquisite, modern wedding venue in the Macedon Ranges, Mount Macedon Winery is a stylish venue you'll fall in love with. This beautiful venue provides couples with a luxurious country wedding destination away from the city. Offering delectable food menus, delicious cool-climate wine and spectacular panoramic views of the farmland, vineyard and mountainside.
Located on a sprawling landscape of vineyard and beautiful Victorian countryside, Mount Macedon Winery is a modern boutique winery wedding venue, situated in the heart of the Macedon Ranges. This picturesque venue is surrounded by established trees from the neighbouring regional park and offers stunning backdrops of the nearby mountain range.
Set on the western slope of Mount Macedon. Nestled in the Macedon Regional Forest, Mount Macedon Winery spans across 80 rolling acres including a boutique vineyard and farmland. Enjoy panoramic views and the peaceful environment of the countryside, all while being only an hour from Melbourne or an easy 40 minutes from the Airport.
With stylish accommodation for two, you can spend your entire wedding weekend on the grounds. The incredible Mount Macedon Winery Restaurant and Cellar Door boasts floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the picturesque vineyard and farmland.
You might choose to host your ceremony in the garden, open lawns, barn or cellar door (for a completely wet weather alternative), followed by photos in any of the many magnificent locations on the property. Meanwhile, sunset cocktail hour kicks off on the spacious and covered deck, with your guests helping themselves to beautifully crafted canapes or a local grazing table, all while sipping on a curated list of Estate and local wines.
Complementing the venue’s idyllic surrounds, Mount Macedon Winery offer exceptional Australian food and wine packages and an array of wedding reception layouts that are stylish and modern — fit for an unforgettable wedding atmosphere. The dining experience for weddings at Mount Macedon Winery is all about embracing the best of local, seasonal fare, and the chef relies on the bounty of the region to create delicious meals that beautifully round out the food and wine-centric experience.
"Mount Macedon Winery was an absolute dream to get married at. We first went there for our first venue visit and immediately fell in love. With the autumn colours and the amazing views of the forest and having Mount Macedon as the backdrop, what more could we want! The staff at MMW are absolutely amazing. they are so accommodating and dealt with our millions of questions with poise and understanding. MMW are very flexible with your ideas and are happy to put your vision into reality. We are so happy we get to call MMW our wedding venue and will continue to visit for lunch and wine! Thank you so much." - Katie M.
What you can expect when you book Mount Macedon Winery for your Melbourne wedding:
- Modern wedding venue. Mount Macedon Winery is a luxurious country wedding venue. Complete with picturesque mountainside and vineyard views, stylish accommodation and flexible layout options.
- Seasonal food menus. Mount Macedon Winery offers customisable wedding catering and beverages packages, with hearty meals made from select local produce. Accommodating cocktail-style weddings, shared feasts or traditional plated dinners.
- Local wine. Mount Macedon Winery offers an incredible local and Estate wine list that vino aficionados and sporadic wine enthusiasts alike will enjoy. The venues vineyard produces high quality chardonnay, pinot noir and sparkling, all of which can be served at your wedding.
- Ceremony location options. Couples can choose from a range of ceremony locations, including lush gardens, open lawns, rustin repurposed barn amongst the vines or for a completely wet weather proof experience, the Cellar Door.
- Stunning views. Situated on the outskirts of the Macedon Regional Park, panoramic views are a plenty. Covering the 80 acres of rolling farmland and vineyard the photo opportunities are extensive!
What you’ll love about Mount Macedon Winery.
- Location. Mount Macedon Winery is located one hour from metropolitan Melbourne and just over half an hour from Melbourne Airport. Guests will find this tranquil venue easy to reach and conveniently located with lots of accommodation options closeby.
- Pet-friendly. You’re more than welcome to bring your very own furry ring bearer. Mount Macedon Winery is a dog-friendly wedding venue and welcomes your fur babies to be a part of your special day.
- A charming overnight stay. There’s a lovely bridal suite on the grounds that doubles as both a bright space for getting ready in on the wedding morning and a cosy retreat at the end of a beautiful day of celebrating.
- Wet weather options. Couples who book their wedding at Mount Macedon Winery won’t need to worry about wet weather on their special day. With an offering of indoor and outdoor ceremony locations, commercial heating and undercover / indoor reception spaces that fare very well in all weather conditions.
- Photo opportunities galore. There are many aesthetically pleasing locations on the grounds for couples to have their wedding photos taken. Including the vast farmland, mountain views, vineyard backdrops, lakeside shots or photos with the highland fold, you are garunteed not to run out of photo opportunities.
Here’s what else you need to know about Mount Macedon Winery:
- Not only does Mount Macedon Winery host many incredible weddings, they also host engagement parties, birthdays, anniversaries and many other special occasions.
- Mount Macedon Winery’s restaurant and cellar door can be enjoyed by all - no special occasion required. Enjoy a day away from the city and indulge in a pizza striaght from the wood fire oven, or treat yourself to a seasonal 2 course or 3 course meal all while drinking Estate wine sitting by the mountainside.
- The Mount Macedon Winery team can assist you in finding the right celebrant, photographer, florist, hairdresser and wedding cake baker - whatever you need! This experienced team has worked with many of the local suppliers and can recommend somereally great vendors for your special day.
- This delightful venue offers self guided wine tastings, so whether you want to taste test some wines before landing on a beverage package or simply want to enjoy a good drink, Mount Macedon Winery has you covered.
Is there accommodation on-site or nearby?
There's one bridal suite at Mount Macedon Winery, which most couples book for the night of their wedding. The stylish accommodation features a cozy wood-fire, comfy king bed, large spa bath, heating and cooling, a private outdoor deck and a fully equipped kitchenette. For all other guests, there are plenty of close by accommodation options. From beautiful homsteads and bnb's to single room hotels, there is guaranteed to be something for everyone!
What real wedding couples are saying about their Mount Macedon Winery wedding:
"Mount Macedon Winery is an absolutely stunning wedding venue. Everything was taken care of and everything was done to perfection. The food and wine were outstanding and the presentation was just perfect. The staff were fantastic to work with both in the lead up to and on our big day. The restaurant setting was stunning, the deck offered a great place to mingle outside and the grounds were the most beautiful setting for our ceremony and photos. It was wonderful for our guests (and us!) to just arrive and have everything be taken care of in one place. We had the wedding of our dreams at Mount Macedon Winery and we would not change a single thing!" - Marthe D.
From the moment we drove down the perfect long driveway at Mount Macedon Winery, we knew there was no need to keep searching. With a beautiful view of the Macedon Ranges, Highland Cattle in the yard, a golden retriever, friendly staff who never stop smiling, the perfect relaxed vibe that makes you feel at home instantly, a dining room overlooking vines and incredible wines.... what more could you ask for?! Elisha and her team at MMW made wedding planning the easiest task and were always there to ease your stress and make you laugh. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for making an incredible dream become an even more incredible reality. MMW will always be one of our favourite places." - Lara S.