Nestled amongst high-end restaurants and cafes, world-famous tourist attractions, and showstopping events venues is Cargo Hall. A former docking shed, this spacious warehouse has been given the modern Melbourne treatment and now hosts events of distinction. Designed to entertain, Cargo Hall has sound and lighting rigs in the soaring ceilings, so if you’re planning for live entertainment at your reception, then you’ve found the perfect place.
A venue that combines waterfront and city views is always a winner, and Cargo Hall offers both from its glass-fronted atrium. Located right on the Yarra River, you can watch the world go by on the gorgeous Promenade as your wedding kicks into gear behind you. The Hall is a flexible space that couples can use for both ceremonies and receptions. Many couples choose to stand an arbour against the wall beside the entrance, creating a long aisle from the private bridal suite at the rear of the room.
Featuring dark timber floorboards, large windows with black frames, and plenty of natural light, Cargo Hall combines rustic elements with modern aesthetics. Draped curtains, soft lighting, and floral arrangements infuse a bit of romance into the space. Hang them from the ceiling to evoke a sense of fairytale wonder.
Whilst you’re off snapping photos by the water, the Cargo Hall event space snap into action to transform the space for your reception. They can get started by serving some post-ceremony drinks and snacks to your guests. Cargo Hall falls under the Showtime Event Group banner and reaps all the benefits of this award-winning organisation. Renowned across Australia and internationally for putting on lavish events and parties, Showtime Event Group has the best caterers, planners, and stylists in the game.
When it comes to choosing your wedding day menu, you’re seriously spoiled for choice. Offering roving hot and cold canapes, shared feasts, and plated multi-course banquets, you’ll easily find a dining style that suits the tone of your wedding. Even more exciting is the range of cuisines their talented culinary team whips up; choose from modern European and Australian dishes, Asian and Indian courses, and even a mouthwatering plant-based menu.
What you’ll love about Cargo Hall Melbourne for your wedding:
- The flexibility. As a large warehouse, Cargo Hall is almost entirely customisable. Whatever vision you have for your wedding (minimalist or blockbuster), you have the freedom to bring it to life here.
- Showtime Event Group. An award-winning event and entertainment company, Showtime Event Group is a regular finalist in the ABIA Awards for their superior service and unparalleled commitment to detail.
- The food. The unbelievable range of catering options you can choose for your Cargo Hall wedding ensures that no guest will leave feeling hungry or dissatisfied. From Indian and Asian menus to plant-based feasts and Modern Australian dishes, you’re spoiled for choice.
Highlights of Cargo Hall Melbourne:
- South Wharf location
- Showtime Event Group venue
- Plant-based, Asian, Indian menus
What does a wedding at Cargo Hall Melbourne cost?
Packages are customised according to time of day/week, catering package, and minimum spend. Minimum spend starts at $12,000, or $3,500 for ceremony-only.
What’s the capacity for events and weddings at Cargo Hall Melbourne?
Up to 300 guests in a standing/cocktail arrangement.