From the sandstone chapel to the elegant restaurant, Peterson House offers a range of ceremony and reception locations overlooking the Hunter Valley. It’s not hard to see why this gorgeous all-in-one wedding venue was voted number one for Churches, Chapels and Garden Ceremonies at the 2020 Hunter Region Brides Choice Awards.
Wedding ceremonies at Peterson House usually take place in the picture-perfect sandstone chapel. The newly-built chapel is surrounded by sweeping vineyards and features large double wooden doors, handcrafted timber trusses, high ceilings, and a rustic chandelier. If you prefer the outdoors, you can also choose to have your wedding ceremony in the gardens or down by the vineyard with the jetty and pond in the background.
The award-winning Restaurant Cuvée is housed within the property’s main sandstone building and is the perfect location for your Hunter Valley wedding reception, with its exposed timber beams and picturesque vineyard views. Another reception venue option at Peterson House is the stunning vineyard marquee, which features delicate draping, elegant chandeliers, fairy lights, clear walls, and beautiful hardwood flooring.
When it comes to wedding photography, there are a number of beautiful wedding photo locations onsite at Peterson House. You might choose to take your photos amongst the vines, in the charming cottage gardens, or on the small jetty overlooking the property’s picturesque pond.
“Cannot fault Petersons! It is the most amazing location for both ceremony and reception as well as providing the yummiest menu and beverages. The Coordinator was a breeze to work with and made everything easy, and we had the freedom to decorate how we wanted. Such a beautiful venue.” - Sally H
Top 3 things you’ll love about your Peterson House Hunter Valley wedding:
- The venue options. When you host your wedding at Peterson House, you’ll have access to the entire property and a choice of three incredible venues for your ceremony and reception. Options include the picturesque sandstone chapel, the main building and its award-winning Restaurant Cuvée, and the elegant vineyard marquee.
- The picturesque views. Perfectly placed in the beautiful Hunter Valley, Peterson House boasts panoramic views of rolling hills and verdant landscapes. The house is surrounded by sprawling vineyards, charming cottage gardens, and a picturesque pond with a jetty.
- The premium wines. This Hunter Valley winery is renowned for its vast selection of bubbly, with over 40 different varieties of sparkling wine. From the easy-drinking Pink Blush to the classic Pinot Noir Chardonnay Meunier, there’s something for everyone.
Choose from 3 wedding venue options at Peterson House Hunter Valley:
- The Chapel. The picturesque sandstone chapel is a new addition to the Peterson House property and is perfect for romantic wedding ceremonies in the Hunter Valley. Behind the large timber doors, you will be blown away by the chapel’s impressive high ceilings and handcrafted metalwork, including a gorgeous chandelier.
- Restaurant Cuvée. With its beautiful sandstone walls, exposed timber beams, and sweeping vineyard views, Restaurant Cuvée provides an ideal backdrop for your Hunter Valley wedding reception. The ever-changing seasonal menus at Restaurant Cuvée are crafted by talented in-house chefs and showcase exceptional local produce.
- The Vineyard Marquee. The stunning marquee at Peterson House is a permanent structure nestled amongst the vines, with clear walls that can be rolled up or down depending on the weather. This elegant space features delicate draping, romantic chandeliers, fairy lights, and beautiful hardwood flooring.
What Peterson House Hunter Valley weddings are like:
- Multiple ceremony and reception venue options
- Picturesque views of the vineyard and rolling hills
- Beautiful sandstone chapel for wedding ceremonies
- Permanent vineyard marquee for elegant receptions
- Award-winning Restaurant Cuvée
- Exceptional food menus and beverage packages
- Experienced in-house wedding coordinator
What’s included in a Peterson House wedding package?
Wedding packages start at $149 per person and include the following:
- Chefs selection of canapés served continuously for 30 minutes
- Choice of two entrees to be served alternately
- Choice of two mains to be served alternately
- Cutting and plating of your wedding cake
- Filtered tea and coffee station
- Five-hour standard beverage package
- Venue exclusivity after 5pm
What’s the capacity for weddings at Peterson House Hunter Valley?
Peterson House Chapel can seat 220 guests for wedding ceremonies and 120 guests for receptions. The onsite marquee has the capacity for 250 seated guests, and Peterson House’s Restaurant Cuvée can accommodate 140 seated guests.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Peterson House?
- Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley
- Hunter Valley Zoo
- Mount Bright Lookout
- Hunter Valley Chocolate Company
“We had so many guests tell us how much they enjoyed the beautiful venue, and the amazing food, and how friendly the Peterson House Staff were.” - Meyrelle & Andrew