Chateau Elan is situated on The Vintage golf course and is a bit of a luxury travel destination in itself. Lavish accommodation, a collection of indoor and outdoor wedding venues, an award-winning spa and an 18-hole golf course designed by golf champion Greg Norman combine to set the ideal backdrop for a long, relaxing wedding weekend.
From the sandstone chapel to the elegant dining spaces, Chateau Elan offers a range of beautiful wedding venues overlooking Hunter Valley. You can, of course, host both your ceremony and reception on the grounds, but you might also opt to host a welcome party the day before or a farewell brunch following your wedding day. As far as the size of your gathering, Chateau Elan welcomes intimate weddings of just 20 guests or up to 330 guests, or if you'd like to bring in a marquee on the lawns, your guest size can scale accordingly.
Ideally positioned in the stunning Hunter Valley wine region's Rothbury, Chateau Elan at The Vintage is two hours' drive north of Sydney or 45-minutes from the Newcastle airport.
Top three things you’ll love about your Chateau Elan wedding:
- An extended wedding weekend. Between the destination location, luxury spa and the acclaimed golf course, you're sure to want to host an entire weekend of wedding events for you and your guests.
- Being both indoors and out. Chateau Elan offers ample flexibility for a wide range of guest capacities, styles and layouts within its indoor and outdoor wedding venue spaces.
- Picturesque setting. With the panoramic vistas and surrounding vineyards of the Hunter Valley, the location could not be more perfect. Plus, there's a helipad! Ever wondered what it would be like to land a helicopter at your own wedding venue as part of your grand entrance?
Chateau Elan Wedding Ceremony Venue Options:
- Carriage House. This magnificent handcrafted sandstone building - concealed by striking gum trees with the golf course surrounds - offers a remarkable, timeless atmosphere for your wedding day. Suitable for up to 120 seated guests.
- Movie Lawn. Situated alongside the Barrington Room, this pristine lawn is often used as an outdoor ceremony or cocktail spot.
- Fairway Rotunda. A gently sloping outdoor amphitheatre overlooking the golf course.
Chateau Elan Wedding Reception Venue Options:
- Barrington Room. From its vantage point at the top of The Vintage Golf Course, the Barrington Room enjoys views over the 18th green. Inside, high ceilings and contemporary chandeliers set an elegant scene. Up to 100 guests.
- The Founders Room. Contemporary styling and views of the golf course make this space a favourite for larger groups of up to 170 guests.
- Marquee Lawn. Prefer to keep the party outdoors? Chateau Elan allows for the construction of your own marquee on the lawns. Whether an open-air sailcloth tent is your style or a perspex marquee with custom drapery is on your vision board, the event team can help you coordinate something beautiful for up to 500 guests.
- The Legends Grill Restaurant. With large floor-to-ceiling windows, guests will be dazzled by the fantastic everlasting views over the golf course. You might opt to host your wedding reception here or use this space for another wedding-related event like welcome cocktails or a post-wedding luncheon.
Chateau Elan wedding packages for receptions always include, but are not limited to:
- Personalised wedding planning and assistance
- Pre-reception garden party
- Coordination of all place cards & table settings
- Use of lectern & microphone
- Pre-wedding menu tasting for the couple
- Personal chauffeur and golf cart to take you to select locations on your wedding day
- Friday Freedom Package (two rounds of golf)
- Seating plan at reception entry & menu cards (3) for each table
- White linen & napery for guest tables & bridal table
- Ceremony only packages are also available
Here’s what else you need to know about the Chateau Elan wedding venue and resort:
- Range of accommodation on-site, including two-bedroom suites
- The venue works with a well-rounded list of preferred suppliers
- Free-flowing beverage packages available
- Ceremony-only packages are available
- On-site salon and extensive spa facilities with 17 treatment rooms
What are some of the nearby attractions to Chateau Elan?
- Bimbadgen winery
- Bellabourneen by Binet Family Wines
- Blueberry Hill Vineyard
- Daisy Hill
- Lucy’s Run
Why should you extend your stay at Chateau Elan beyond your wedding day?
The reasons are many, but specifically, the spa and golf course make Chateau Elan an incredible Hunter Valley destination wedding venue that you'll want to enjoy at your leisure. The Spa at Chateau Elan consists of 17 treatment rooms, allowing you to maximise your pre-wedding relaxation and post-wedding rejuvenation practices. The Spa team can even handcraft a bespoke menu to accommodate you and your wedding guests. As well, The Vintage Golf Course has been named the Number 1 Public Access Golf Course in the whole of New South Wales, and it's a place many of your guests will want to explore. Designed by golf champion Greg Norman, the 6,310-metre 18-hole golf course offers a challenging course as well as gorgeous wine region views.
What are the hotel rooms like at Chateau Elan?
Spa Suite (20 rooms)
The luxurious Spa Suite has been designed for plush comfort, and it's just the place to book as your bridal suite. Have the best night’s sleep in the Ergo motion King size bed, which offers multiple massage treatments and ‘zero-gravity’ function. Exclusive to the Spa Suite is an open, plinth-mounted spa bath - think candles, bubble bath, a glass of champagne in hand... pure pre- or post-wedding bliss.
Villa Studio (40 rooms)
These king bed rooms look out to vistas of The Vintage fairways and Hunter Valley and include a private balcony or terrace to really enjoy the view. They're set as open-plan bedroom and living space and feature ensuite bathrooms.
Villa One-Bedroom Apartment (40 rooms)
This lavish self-contained apartment-style suite features an extra-spacious bedroom and bathroom, a separate dining area, a beautifully designed kitchen, and a unique two-way open fireplace between the living and dining quarters.
Villa Two-Bedroom Apartment
Ideal for your wedding guests travelling as a family, or for your bridesmaids and groomsmen, these two-bedroom villas maximise space without compromising luxury.
Is Chateau Elan a nice place for a wedding?
Emphatically, yes! Are you looking for a premium wedding venue where guests can stay and enjoy a weekend away? A venue that has activities to keep some guests entertained, whilst others relaxed? A venue that provides a hangover cure besides a Full English breakfast? Look no further. Chateau Elan is the wedding venue of your dreams. Hosting a wedding at Chateau Elan is all about relaxing and enjoying the perks of the 5-star resort including an award-winning spa, an 18-hole golf course and the tranquillity of its secluded Hunter Valley location.