Beautiful venue? Check. Delicious wines and award-winning craft beer? Tick. Unique reception spaces - including one that’s been featured on primetime TV? Of course. No doubt about it, Hope Estate is an impressive venue, with everything you need to host a fun, romantic, and seamless wedding. Located in Pokolbin, Hope Estate offers three lovely reception spaces for couples to choose from: The Great Cask Hall (as seen on TV series Farmer Wants a Wife), Harvest Restaurant, and The Winery at Hope Estate, which is ideal for larger guest lists. Each space has its quirks and personality, but all three are stylish with plenty of room for guests.
Whether you’re planning an intimate wedding or have a rather large wedding guest list, Hope Estate is an excellent find. This stunning vineyard is one of Hunter Valley’s largest venues, with the Estate able to seat up to 1000 wedding guests. So you can feel free to invite your nearest and dearest, plus ones, and maybe even your colleagues - just maybe. All your guests will be served sumptuous culinary delights, whether you opt for a cocktail-style function or sit-down dinner. These beautiful dishes will also be paired with award-winning beer and delicious wine made on the property.
Located an hour from Newcastle and Lake Macquarie, Hope Estate is a fantastic wedding venue if you plan on inviting out-of-towners. Not only can your guests marvel at the beautiful New South Wales countryside on route to the venue, they can enjoy the rich bounty the region has to offer.
“Hope Estate is a beautiful place to visit. We had a wonderful relaxing wine tasting experience whilst watching the Kangaroos on the grass in the late afternoon. Love the peppery Shiraz. Highly recommended.” Brennan
What you can expect when working with Hope Estate for your wedding:
- Unique function spaces. There are three reception areas to choose from at Hope Estate; the Great Cask Hall, Harvest Restaurant, and The Winery. The Great Cask Hall has an ambience of baroque splendour, while Harvest Restaurant is a warm, intimate space with a deck that’s perfect for cocktail hour. The Winery at Hope Estate, on the other hand, is one of the Hunter Valley’s largest venues, and can accommodate up to 1000 guests.
- Stunning views. This winery wedding venue offers stellar views, including breathtaking sunsets over the vines and panoramic views of the surrounding native trees. You might see some of the local kangaroos amongst the vineyard and manicured grounds, too.
- Sumptuous food. The culinary creations at Hope Estate are well-presented, delicious, and full of unique flavours.
- Award-winning beer and tasty wine. Your wedding guests will be thrilled with the beverage selection at your dreamy reception - after all, award-winning beer and wine made on the property is a nice touch.
Here’s what else you need to know about Hope Estate.
- Capacity. As mentioned, Hope Estate is a terrific venue for larger weddings, with The Winery able to accommodate up to 1000 seated guests. However, Hope Estate also caters for intimate occasions, with Harvest Restaurant’s deck providing an ideal setting for micro weddings.
- Festivals and other events. Hope Estate hosts large festivals and music events for up to 20,000 people.
“We dropped into the Hope Estate to actually view the estate and also to take some pictures of the kangaroo’s which gather in large numbers on the grassy slopes. The Estate is lovely with a good cellar door which must be booked ahead to avoid disappointment. There is also a large outdoor amphitheatre which hosts many concerts and accommodation available.” Elle-May