Located in the world-famous Hunter Valley wine region, Calvin Estate Wedding and Function Centre is the perfect venue for couples seeking an elegant country-style wedding. This working winery offers exclusive hire of the entire property, giving you access to two ceremony locations and a gorgeous grand barrel room and private garden for your reception.
The Calvin Estate ceremony locations are:
- Calvin Chapel. Seating up to 90 guests, the chapel features a vaulted timber ceiling, soft white walls, and plenty of natural light. There’s standing room for more guests at the back.
- Wedding Rotunda. For a garden atmosphere that capitalises on the winery views, the rotunda is the best spot. A white footpath leads up to the classic structure, which can be adorned with fresh flowers to enhance the sense of romance.
“The courtyard looked incredible and created a relaxed, romantic atmosphere for our day. In the last few days it became clear that the temperature was going to be extremely hot. Rachel purchased several mist fans for the courtyard which made a huge difference for us and our guests. On top of this, Calvin House was a fantastic place for our family and bridal party to stay and to get ready on the day.” - Sarah B.
Your meals are taken care of by local culinary experts, Monkey Place Catering. A gourmet BBQ package is ideal for relaxed, informal weddings out in the garden, or for more formal affairs you have the option of alternate drop menus or elaborate feasts.
Calvin Estate has been the recipient of several prestigious wedding industry awards, including twice for the Brides Choice Award for Hunter Valley and Newcastle Weddings. They are well-known for their world-class service, a characteristic that has couples raving about the stress-free booking and planning experience.
Limited accommodation is available on-site at the gorgeous Calvin House. This colonial-style building offers five luxury guestrooms. The team recommends one half of the couple and their party stay at Calvin House the night before the wedding, and the other half stay just minutes away at Tranquil Vale, which sleeps 14. Transfers can be arranged between the two locations.
What you’ll love about Calvin Estate for your Hunter Valley wedding:
- The amazing location. Set within the award-winning Hunter Vallery wine region, Calvin Estate boasts gorgeous views of the rolling hills. It is just minutes away from luxury restaurants, accommodation, and gorgeous photography locations.
- Award-winning service. Couples in the Hunter Valley have voted, and Calvin Estate consistently comes out on top for their commitment to excellence, customer satisfaction, and outstanding facilities.
- Onsite accommodation. Ideal for getting ready in your own private suite, Calvin House’s rooms are luxurious and well-lit. A few minutes down the road is additional accommodation.
What’s included in Calvin Estate Hunter Valley’s wedding packages?
- Exclusive use of the property
- Two nights accommodation in Calvin House
- Five-hour bar package
- Tables, chairs, white linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware
- Fairy lights, rugs, bar tables, and other decor
- Wedding cake cut and served
- And much more!
Who does the catering for Calvin Estate in the Hunter Valley?
Monkey Place Catering handles the meals for weddings at Calvin Estate. They offer shared and formal banquet feasts, alternate drop menus, and cocktail-style canapes.