Nestled in stunning Gold Creek Village, The Abbey is an impressive Canberra wedding venue fit for grand occasions. Boasting vintage charm and sophisticated ambience, this gorgeous wedding venue will be particularly enchanting to couples after a wedding venue with a rich history and classic grandeur. Elegant and magical, The Abbey is sure to impress all your wedding guests.
In addition to the beautiful venue, there’s another aspect of your wedding that will have guests talking - the incredible food. The Abbey is partnered with Ginger Catering, a 5-star wedding catering company with a reputation for excellence. This sought-after Canberra catering company is led by executive chef Janet Jeffs, an extraordinarily talented professional with an affinity for sustainability and premium, paddock-to-plate dining experiences. At The Abbey, expect delicious, innovative dishes that excite all the senses.
Whether you’re hoping for a lavish affair or an intimate occasion with close loved ones, The Abbey is a beautiful setting for your magical wedding day.
“My friends held their wedding there - the venue was beautiful; the service and food fantastic and the staff- especially the manager were friendly and helpful. Decorations were great. Highly recommended.”
What you’ll love about working with The Abbey for your Canberra wedding:
- The world-class catering. The Abbey offers incredible fare made by world-class chefs, with this venue focused on making meals from the finest seasonal produce from local farmers. The result? Beautifully presented, mouthwatering dishes that are full of flavour.
- Historic wedding venue with charm. The Abbey is a stunning wedding venue with a gorgeous organ at the centre of it, highlighting the splendour of this classic building.
Highlights of working with The Abbey:
- Wedding venue with historical charm
- Gourmet food prepared by experienced chefs
- Paddock-to-plate dining experience
- Opportunity for photos at Federation Square
- Dedicated wedding planner
- Plenty of lovely hotels in the area
“This place is beautiful! The old organ that sits in there is absolutely stunning and the silk laid ceiling. It just leaves you speechless!!” MJ