The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah is the highest botanic garden in the Southern Hemisphere, nestled less than two hours from the Sydney CBD. It is an idyllic, signature Australian wedding destination with breathtaking views over the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, swirly basalt stone walls and waterfalls. For endless photo opportunities and magical settings, look no further.
If you’re on the hunt for a unique, enchanting wedding venue sprinkled with cherry blossoms, waterfalls, and picturesque flower beds, the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden is the place for you. This mesmerising location boasts an exquisite 17th century-styled European Formal Garden, panoramic views across the ancient wilderness, and magnificent plant displays. Changing each season, the Garden features glorious maples bursting with colour in autumn, gorgeous antique perrenial flowers in bloom and picture-perfect manicured lawns.
If an intimate garden wedding under an Asian-inspired pavilion sounds magical, you’ll adore hosting your celebration of love at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden. If a soothing, sandy beach scene is more your cup of tea, you and your soulmate will love exchanging your vows in front of the majestic waterfall complete with giant ferns, blue puya, and water flowers. The Garden has a style for everyone and offers a timeless backdrop for your wedding.
With an abundance of vibrant, natural wedding settings to choose from and a passionate team eager to bring your wedding dreams to life, you can’t go wrong with Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah. This sublime, one-of-a-kind location will leave you and your guests with unforgettable memories of your special day.
“Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah is a hidden gem. Amazing scenery, beautifully landscaped gardens, so many amazing photo opportunities. Our photographers said they could photograph us in the gardens for a week and not run out of material! The team was an absolute delight, very helpful and obliging with all our questions and requests. The ceremony went off without a hitch, and the wet weather option is also beautiful and a step up from most wet weather venues.” — Maria A.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah:
- Breathtaking ceremony and reception settings. Whether you’re looking for an enchanting garden ceremony or reception, this Wonderland of a wedding destination has you covered. Panoramic views from Wedding Tree Terrace, a colourful, 17th century-styled European Formal Garden, the Asian-inspired Northern Pavilion, or Residence Lawn covered in pink snow from the cherry blossoms, there is a style for everyone to create an unforgettable wedding experience.
- Endless awe-inspiring photo opportunities. At Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, you’ll be spoilt for choice with spectacular wedding photo opportunities. Extraordinary mountainous backdrops, stunning couple poses in front of the cascades, and fairytale-like captures featuring exquisite floral displays.
- Passionate, supportive team. The dedicated team at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden are committed to ensuring a smooth, unforgettable wedding experience for you and your guests. From assisting your elderly relatives to helping you choose the best location for your festivities, you’ll be in excellent, thoughtful hands.
- Support science, research & learning. We value your booking with us as proceeds from your event and venue hire are returned to the Garden to help support the conservation and education work we do for future generations. Our work is vital to addressing some of the most critical environmental challenges facing the World today.
What Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah weddings offer:
- Dreamy ceremony and reception settings (and plenty of them!)
- Boundless panoramic views over the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains
- Ancient wilderness
- 28 hectares of Darug country
- Endless enchanting photo opportunities
- Passionate events team
- World-class facilities
- Stunning plant displays
- Onsite coach parking
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah?
This magical wedding venue can accommodate up to 150 guests for a unique, memorable wedding experience.
What does the venue hire include?
Venue hire for wedding ceremonies includes the use of your chosen space for two hours, including set-up and pack-down time. Wedding receptions are a five hour hire time.
Can I have a band or music?
Yes of course! A live acoustic ensemble of up to four people or low-volume, pre-recorded music is allowed.
Will there be other people in the space on my wedding day?
Blue Mountains Botanic Garden is a public space; therefore, exclusive access is not guaranteed. The public does, however, respect your privacy on your wedding day. To notify the public of your venue use, signage will be placed nearby.
What are the catering options?
Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens encourages you to arrange your own catering or choose from their list of recommended local caterers.
“You could not get a better place for a wedding, reception, and photographs. My husband and I chose it for the beautiful scenery but were very happy (and surprised) at just how easy it was to organise. We had a Marquee in the formal garden. Gorgeous views and the gardens for our Autumn wedding were perfect.” — Donna W.