We are one of Queensland's busiest and best, multiple award-winning, wedding entertainment duos. We can cater to all sizes and styles of weddings. Servicing the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast and many regional areas.
Walk down the aisle to our beautiful acoustic version of your 'must have' song, then kick the party into top gear and get the dancefloor pumping with our full band sound to fully produced backing tracks. It's a big band sound for a small band budget!
Checkout our instagram at sb_duo to see why we are considered the most fun and engaging duo around.
Something Borrowed Duo offers a range of customisable music packages for Queensland weddings, including:
- Ceremony and canapes (this package available Monday — Thursday weddings only). We ease your guests into the day with a collection of beautiful acoustic ballads as they arrive at the ceremony area. We liaise with your celebrant or another marriage officiator to discuss and understand the clear cue for us to start THAT song for the aisle walk. We also play your chosen songs while signing the marriage certificate and as you walk back down the aisle as newlyweds. Then, we move our portable gear to the canapes location and get started on our next batch of acoustic earworms!
- Canapes and Reception. After the canapé set, we move to the main reception where our larger PA is already set, ahead of time. 4 x 45-minute sets or 6 x 30-minute sets over a five hour reception. , however, we are extremely flexible and will work around your run sheet for the day.
- Reception. Generally, be 4 x 45-minute sets or 6 x 30-minute sets, however, we are extremely flexible and will work around your run sheet for the day.
- Ceremony, canapes and reception. Our most popular package. A full day of entertainment. No need to worry about a thing... we've got you covered.
- Free MC service. We MC around 90% of weddings they play at. So, not only are you getting some of the finest musicians around, you're getting a professional, experienced MC... for free!
What you’ll love about working with Something Borrowed Duo for your Queensland wedding:
- From the first email you send until the farewell circle at your wedding, the service and entertainment will be of the highest standard.
- We have won the state 'Australian Bridal Industry Awards' for the best reception music and best ceremony music for the last 4 years running and receenlty won the National award for best wedding music, as voted by couples.
- We have been in the wedding game for over 10 years, we absolutely love what we do... and it shows. This is why we have only ever received 5 star reviews.
- As you'll read in most of our 5-star reviews, we are always easy to get a hold of in the lead up to your big day and we are always flexible on how the day runs.
- We liaise back and forward with you until we have every detail of every song choice... i.e The aisle walk, signing the marriage cert, recessional walk, bridal party entrance, first dance, parent dance...etc. Nothing is left to guesswork.
- We let you know of our proposed set times once we have your run sheet and work with you if any changes need to be made. We're happy when you're happy.
Something Borrowed Duo packages include the following:
- Up to 3x songs learnt by your chosen artist to be performed live at your wedding.
- DJ'd Spotify playlists for our live set breaks. You can even play a role in this by creating the playlist and sharing them with us. We'll have them ready to play on the day.
- Wireless microphone for speeches during the reception
- State-of-the-art PA system and dancefloor lighting with all reception bookings.
- All duos arrive 1.5-hr prior to their start time to ensure everything is set prior to commencing.
What areas of Queensland do you service?
Pretty much everywhere (further accommodation fees may apply for certain areas). Primarily, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and surrounds. Also many regional areas.
Do you cater to song requests?
Yes! All Something Borrowed Duos have a huge repertoire. They are always happy to play a song request if they know it. In saying that, part of being a great wedding entertainer is knowing what to play and when to play it.