Musician Michael Geeves is a wonderful addition to any ceremony and wedding reception. This versatile, highly experienced singer and guitarist has dedicated much of his life to his musical craft - so you know your wedding music is in very capable hands. Michael has a powerful, melodic voice and guitar skills that’ll impress even the most experienced musician. Believe us, you’ll love his dreamy covers, heavenly voice, and ability to play just about any popular wedding reception song (Ed Sheeran, anyone?).
Michael can certainly perform as a solo act or as a duo, but you’ll love when he performs with his band, Venus Envy. This impressive wedding band covers pop, rock, alternative songs - whatever their couples want, really. They have an impressive catalogue of songs to choose from, so whether you’re after an evening full of classic hits or a pop-centric reception, this versatile wedding band can arrange this. Why not opt for Mr Brightside at your wedding? Or how about Don’t Stop Believin’? Whatever tickles your fancy, don’t hesitate to ask this exceptional band to play it!
Whether you book Michael as an acoustic solo artist or decide a full band is more to your liking, your wedding entertainment will delight and enchant guests all the same. Both Michael and his bandmates perform seamlessly in front of crowds and have plenty of charisma - don’t worry, everyone will be out of their seats and dancing up a storm! If you’re interested in booking your wedding music through Michael, you’ll have the choice of numerous wedding packages, receive excellent customer service, and will witness some seriously impressive live performances.
“If you can dream it, we can do it! We offer your complete entertainment solution for everything from the ceremony to your reception.Michael Geeves Entertainment believe that the music at your wedding should have the same attention to detail as the rest of your wedding.” Michael Geeves.
What you can expect when working with Michael Geeves Entertainment for your wedding:
- Incredible music. When you book Michael Geeves for your wedding entertainment, you can expect some seriously professional music! This exceptional musician has performed on stage for years, and can entertain crowds with his unique covers of songs and beautiful voice. Whether you want him to play acoustic-style as a solo act or in his wedding band, you’ll be so thankful you booked Michael!
- Reads the room. Playing incredible music is only half the job! The other part? Getting everyone on the dancefloor and having a wonderful time. Michael can read the room and respond accordingly, so if it seems your guests want a more upbeat song? Michael will perform a high energy tune that gets everyone dancing - even uncle Jeffrey who insists he “doesn’t dance”.
- Professional and reliable. Michael and his bandmates are experienced, punctual, and organised professionals, so when you book with them, you won’t need to worry about a thing. They’ll be proactive about contacting you for preferred songs, will have everything set up on the day in a timely manner, and the whole process will be oh-so-easy.
- Experienced musicians. Michael has been singing and playing the guitar for years, and has performed at numerous gigs throughout his career. And so have his bandmates! The whole Venus Envy team have performed around the country, so you don’t need to worry about these experienced professionals getting stage fright.
- Sound equipment. Michael will bring along any equipment he needs to perform on the night, including his sound equipment and, of course, his instruments. Michael will only need to be told where to set up.
- Powerful vocals. If you’re after a wedding singer with seriously impressive vocals, you’ve found one. Michael is often said to have a powerful and melodic voice, which can only mean one thing: Lots of party anthems to be sung! Did someone say Time Warp?
“We work with you personally to ensure the music and entertainment that we supply for your wedding is uniquely designed for each couple to ensure a memorable reception and perfect reception.” Michael Geeves
Here’s what else you need to know about Michael Geeves Entertainment.
- Solo, duo, or band. As mentioned earlier, Michael can perform as either an acoustic solo artist or he can bring along his experienced band. Whatever you’d prefer, Michael can make it happen.
- DJ services. Not keen on a wedding band? That’s okay, Michael Geeves Entertainment also offers truly exceptional DJ services.
- MC services. Not everyone has a friend or family member who is willing to host their wedding, and that’s perfectly understandable. This is why Michael Geeves Entertainment offers MC services - so you don’t need to ask someone to do it for you (especially when friends and family may have a few embarrassing stories you'd rather they not tell your entire guest list!)
- Musical genres. Michael’s band, Venus Envy, play all kinds of genres - trust us, this band is the very definition of ‘eclectic’ - and cater for all musical tastes, including rock, pop, and country.
Will you emcee for the wedding?
If you’re a little hesitant to ask your stepfather or brother-in-law to be your MC for the evening, we feel your pain! Choosing someone to play host for the evening isn’t always an easy task - after all, not everyone likes public speaking! This is why Michael offers MC services; so your wedding guests can relax, unwind, and simply enjoy your wedding. But don’t worry, Michael will do a terrific job. After all, he has experience speaking in front of crowds, is confident, fun, and will get to know you as a couple so he can add personal touches to his speeches.
What packages do you offer couples?
Michael and his wedding band can provide an excellent musical soundtrack for your ceremony, during pre-dinner cocktail hour, while you eat dinner, and at your after-dinner party. You’ll need to select from the following options before deciding on your songs though!
- Solo – Male Acoustic Solo
- Duo – Male Acoustic Soloist with the addition of Keyboard, Drums or Bass
- Band – 3 Piece or 6 Piece - Including the option of a male and/or female vocalist
- DJ - Commercial Party DJ - Top 40 to Party Favourites
What else would you like couples to know about what you do?
Michael and his band can cater to all musical tastes, and perform songs in the genres of pop, rock, country, swing and jazz - just to name a few.