If a celebrant who isn’t afraid to crack some dad jokes sounds like your cup of pineapple juice, Aeons by Ash might be the fancy celebrant for your wedding. Ash - a self-proclaimed life celebrant in his ‘very, very, very late twenties’ - promises a fun, modern ceremony with a lighthearted vibe, and a… discount on divorce ceremonies. Fun! Of course, this is all in jest, Ash has a terrific sense of humour and will bring the laughs to your down-to-earth ceremony. With Ash, your friends and family will be giggling and smiling along with you as you say ‘I do’ - believe us, heavy, stock-standard ceremonies aren’t in Ash’s repertoire. Karate moves though? Oh yes, he can do that.
This cheeky celebrant is based in Sydney, and will wrestle Saturday morning brunch traffic just to be at your wedding venue early. He’ll even manage to not spill his overpriced latte on himself on the way, too. After all, he wouldn’t dare spoil his get-up. Celebrant Ash has suits “in literally every colour and others in weird and wonderful patterns”. So if you’re after a chameleon who blends into the background or a celebrant dressed so brightly you could confuse them with the sun, you just let Ash know the style you’re going for and he’ll work to your brief.
“I’m a life celebrant, so you could keep me around to name your first child, renew your vows and bury your partner after they forget to rinse their plate one too many times.” Ash, Celebrant
What you can expect when working with Aeons for your wedding:
- Charismatic celebrant. Ash is an entertaining, charming celebrant that wedding guests immediately warm to, no doubt. But he can also keep things romantic, emotional, and serious in all the right places, too. Don’t worry, this larrikin can read the room.
- Jokes and puns galore. Well, you shouldn’t expect any knock-knock jokes but a well-timed quip and in-joke here and there wouldn’t go astray. This makes the ceremony fun, light, and one of the best parts of your wedding day (besides cake eating, obviously).
- Great prices. Ash offers his celebrant services at actually affordable prices so you can keep going with that avocado on toast and daily coffee habit you can’t nix.
- A great outfit. A wedding is a chance to show personality, no? In all seriousness, Ash can dress as formal or as wacky as you’d like, he just wants you to have your dream day and will respect your sartorial wishes.
Here’s what else you need to know about Aeons.
- Live streamed ceremony. A glorious tech wizard, Ash will happily help you live stream your ceremony. Of this, he says: “If you need to live-stream the ceremony to that auntie’s new partner who lives in India but is working quickly towards permanent residency, I’ve got the Zoom account that lets you have meetings over 40 minutes… I’ll hook you up.”
- Reading ideas. Ash can help you source the perfect cliche-free reading to introduce the tone of your wedding. Our pick? Adam Sandler's poem from The Wedding Singer. Classic.
- Ceremony builder. Well, you don’t exactly plan a wedding for yourself too often, do you? So you’re probably a bit unsure of how to structure a ceremony. You do? Oh... sorry. For those who don’t, Ash has a nifty ‘ceremony builder’ to help you craft the perfect ceremony.
- Rituals. Ash has some ‘cool rituals’ he can suggest to the couples who want to add an extra layer to their ceremony. Why not light candles together? Water blending? Or how about a sand ceremony? The possibilities are endless.