Taronga Zoo weddings by Epicure always offer couples a day to remember. Not only will you get close up access to the sensational animal exhibits, but you’ll be able to dine and dance in a variety of elegant, nature-inspired event spaces. Fitted with floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase the beautiful landscaped gardens and harbour views, the bright and contemporary function rooms effortlessly blend into the environment.
Taronga Zoo is an attractive destination for any style of wedding; it’s a versatile venue with award-winning catering provided by Epicure. Delivering delicious, ethical and global cuisine, their menus are praised for combining the latest food trends with sustainable initiatives. They can cater for small affairs of 50 to extravagant wedding breakfasts of up to 250 guests. Enjoy a unique gastronomic experience surrounded by panoramic views of the zoo grounds and Sydney harbour. There’s no other place quite like Taronga Zoo for a Sydney wedding.
Top three things you’ll love about your Taronga Zoo wedding:
- Wildlife experiences. The wedding couple can enjoy close up photo opportunities with the resident animals at the zoo, including the giraffes or elephants. You may be able to incorporate private wedding tours of the zoo or feeding time experiences on request.
- Variety of spaces. There is an excellent variety of wedding spaces at Taronga Zoo, with optimum views of the zoo grounds and Sydney Harbour. From ballrooms to outdoor terraces and lawn marquees, any setup is possible at Taronga Zoo weddings by Epicure.
- Delicious catering. Epicure is the exclusive catering partner of Taronga Zoo. They source locally grown and produced foods where possible, and offer high-quality seasonal menus. They strive to be at the forefront of ethically responsible catering.
The versatile ceremony and reception options at Taronga Zoo
- The N'galawa Terrace. Above the ballroom, the N’galawa Terrace enjoys a gorgeous outlook over the zoo premises and Sydney Harbour. Complete with a private bar and sound system, it’s perfect for dinners, cocktail events and evening entertainment.
- The Dalang Ballroom. The Dalang Ballroom is the largest blank canvas space on offer, with a neutral colour palette and 180-degree views of Sydney Harbour. It’s an impressive dining area with a private open-air balcony that you can dress to fit your wedding theme.
- The Gili Rooftop. The Gili Rooftop is the latest outdoor function space that’s been added to Taronga Zoo by Epicure. With sweeping harbour views by day and a sparkling night’s sky overhead by night, it’s an ever-evolving backdrop to your wedding day.
- Lawn Event Spaces. The outdoor event spaces at Taronga Zoo are always in high demand as they all have unparalleled views of the Sydney Harbour. You can set up a marquee, host a barbecue or exchange your vows in the impressive Bird Amphitheatre.
What the Taronga Zoo wedding spaces are like:
- A variety of flexible event spaces, including a rooftop, ballroom, terrace and gardens
- The maximum wedding capacity is 250 seated and 350 standing
- Experienced Taronga Zoo Wedding Coordinator
- Stunning views of the city skyline and Sydney Harbour
- An abundance of natural light through the floor to ceiling windows
- State of the art AV equipment is installed for you to use
- Contemporary interiors and full wheelchair access
- Exclusive use of your event space on your wedding day
- Exceptional catering by Epicure
Here’s what else you need to know about Taronga Zoo weddings:
- The venue is an easy 12-minute ferry ride from Sydney CBD
- Spacious terraces and lawns for romantic outdoor photographs
- On-site accommodation available at the Wildlife Retreat
- Complimentary after-hour zoo admission for all of your guests
- Option to hire a marquee on the lawn areas
What Taronga Zoo wedding couples say:
‘Taronga Zoo was the perfect venue. Our guests loved the view (vivid was on) and commented on the great food. Throughout the whole planning process, the Wedding Coordinator was amazing. She was very informative and answered all of my questions. Everything went to plan and it was an incredible day. The venue is breathtaking, the food was tasty and the customer service throughout we could not fault.’ Kirsty C
What’s the wedding accommodation like at Taronga Zoo?
Taronga Zoo has an exclusive overnight eco-experience like no other. Introducing the Wildlife Retreat, an Australian zoo hotel where you can revel in the natural bushland and fall asleep to the sounds of the surrounding enclosures. The 'Roar and Snore' experience is another authentic sanctuary that allows you to unwind in luxury glamping tents, join a night safari, take part in rare close encounter sessions with the animals, and listen to fascinating keeper talks.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Taronga Zoo?
- Bradleys Head Amphitheatre
- Sirius Cove Reserve
- Clifton Gardens Reserve
- Georges Head
- Obelisk Beach
- Middle Head
- Maccallum Seawater Pool
Is Taronga Zoo a nice place for a wedding?
Definitely. Taronga Zoo by Epicure weddings are an incredible celebration of nature. From the exciting wildlife displays to the sustainable wedding menus, animal and nature lovers will appreciate this exciting venue just 12-minutes from Sydney CBD. The wedding team look forward to discussing your ideas and bringing them to life at Taronga Zoo.