If you’ve always dreamed of a trendy rooftop wedding celebration, complete with an exclusive pool party atmosphere, then Rydges Sydney Harbour will deliver this and more. Its primary open-air function space, 55 George Street, will elevate your Sydney Harbour wedding to the next level and provide the ultimate urban event destination.
Whether you decide to have a rooftop wedding ceremony at Rydges Sydney Harbour with the renowned Sydney skyline as a backdrop or host a casual BBQ and drinks reception by the pool, this versatile outdoor venue in Sydney can be adapted to your needs. The passionate events team will assist with all plans and prepare 55 George Street for any style of occasion.
Without a doubt, 55 George Street at Rydges Sydney Harbour is one of the most photogenic rooftop venues in Sydney. Its unique vantage point enjoys panoramic views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Circular Quay, and Sydney’s oldest neighbourhood, The Rocks. Explore the local area with your wedding photographer, and create unforgettable photos surrounded by the eclectic mix of Sydney’s heritage buildings and contemporary landmarks.
Top three things you’ll love about your Rydges Sydney Harbour wedding:
- The Rooftop. There aren’t many rooftop venues in Sydney with an uninterrupted view of Sydney Harbour. Naturally, the outlook is phenomenal by day and at night.
- Relaxed Atmosphere. 55 George Street at Rydges Sydney Harbour has an irresistible laid back ambience that’s perfect for hosting alfresco drinks receptions and BBQs.
- Location. Rydges Sydney Harbour is tucked away behind the Cruise Passenger Terminal and close to great transport links, making it very accessible for guests.
Host your rooftop ceremony and reception at 55 George Street, Rydges Sydney Harbour:
- An open-air trendy rooftop event space with a pool, jacuzzi and covered gazebo area. Absorb the outstanding Sydney CBD views from the top of the hotel (180 standing)
What the 55 George Street wedding space is like:
- Outdoor tiled rooftop terrace
- Covered gazebo section
- Heated pool and jacuzzi facilities
- Wraparound views of Sydney Harbour
- Adaptable space for lounge seating or dining tables
- Accommodates up to 180 guests
- Lift access to the venue
Here’s what else you need to know about 55 George Street weddings at Rydges Sydney Harbour:
- Exclusive use of the rooftop terrace on your wedding day
- You can book 55 George Street for your ceremony and/or reception
- Delicious in-house catering provided by Rydges Sydney Harbour Hotel
- Flexible pricing structure including plated menus, canapes, BBQ buffets and grazing tables, or opt for the all-inclusive hotel wedding package
- On-site valet parking available and Circular Quay station is a 6 minute walk away
- Located next to the Overseas Passenger Cruise Terminal and a 20 minute walk from Sydney CBD
How much does a wedding at Rydges Sydney Harbour cost?
Venue and marquee hire is applicable for all events on the 55 George Street rooftop, based on your guest number. You then have a choice of food package on top: canapes start from $45 per person, BBQ buffets start from $65 per person, grazing tables start from $6 per person and plated menus start from $58 per person. The venue also offers a wedding package ranging from $150 to $175 depending on guest numbers, which includes a BBQ buffet, welcome cocktails, a 4 Hour DJ or 3 Hour Solo Artist, a 4 Hour standard beverage package, a doughnut wall and a GIF photo booth.
What is the accommodation at Rydges Sydney Harbour Hotel like?
Rydges weddings in Sydney are particularly comfortable and convenient given the 176 bedrooms available for guests. There are six premium room types to choose from, many with breathtaking views of the famous Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House. They all include large windows, sizable en suite bathrooms, flat-screen TVs and high-speed WiFi connection. Dry cleaning and guest laundry facilities are also at your disposal for pre-wedding preparations.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Rydges Sydney Harbour?
There is a huge range of things to do within walking distance of this Sydney hotel wedding venue. Discover the heritage site at The Rocks, scale the arch of the Sydney Harbour Bridge with BridgeClimb Sydney, wander through the Royal Botanic Gardens and marvel at the incredible collections at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Is 55 George Street at Rydges Sydney Harbour a nice place for a wedding?
Definitely! 55 George Street is one of the most memorable spots to host a wedding day in Sydney. For stylish alfresco ceremonies and receptions, this urban rooftop space is a hidden gem close to the CBD. If you’re looking for a unique outdoor wedding venue with spellbinding views, then Rydges Sydney Harbour will tick all the right boxes.