Surrounded by 50 acres of lush country retreat and farmland, Platypus Park Riverside Retreat is a wedding venue like no other. Its magnificent private grounds offer a stunning location for your ceremony and wedding snaps, while its rustic purpose-built barn adds style and class to any reception. Platypus Park truly is a dream wedding location that combines elegance, convenience, and natural beauty.
With a variety of locations available, the spectacular grounds give you plenty of options for your day — whether it’s mingling with your guests on the rolling lawns, using the stunning backdrops for photos, or deciding on one of several breathtaking spots for your ceremony. Platypus Park also offers several flexible wedding packages. These unique bundles provide everything from personal use of one area of the park right through to private and exclusive access to the entire park for your wedding ceremony and reception. So, whatever your budget, you’ll be guaranteed a truly magnificent day.
A rustic purpose-built barn is available for your reception, perfect for up to 200 of your favourite people. It promises a truly magical atmosphere with opulent timber tables and a ceiling dressed in fairy lights. This versatile location can also be used for your evening festivities, making it the perfect fit for every part of your big day. With the added bonus of stunning villa-style accommodation, Platypus Park Riverside Retreat caters to every aspect of your day with style, beauty, and excellence.
“The venue was great, and they were willing to do everything to make the day special. We were also able to view the venue many times before the wedding. The owners also helped us out. It was a beautiful venue, and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else.” — Angela S.
What you can expect when working with Platypus Park Riverside Retreat for your Queensland wedding:
- Breath-taking surroundings. Located in 50 acres of manicured gardens and farmlands, Platypus Park gives you a variety of locations when it comes to your ceremony, reception, and those special wedding day snaps.
- Unique, flexible wedding packages. Whether you’d like a larger wedding or a quaint, minimal affair, Platypus Park has packages that offer you the perfect service for your budget.
- Professional, experienced service. Every celebration hosted at Platypus Park is unique, and their friendly, passionate team know this. In every way possible, they look forward to helping you make beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.
Here’s what else you need to know about Platypus Park Riverside Retreat:
- Nearby amenities. Platypus Park Riverside Retreat is located close to the Bundaberg central business district, offering nearby shopping facilities for guests and wedding suppliers.
- Convenient onsite accommodation. Located within walking distance of the venue, their modern, comfortable Villas look out over the peaceful Burnett River. Ideal for the wedding party or even for larger groups, they provide the perfect setting for your cosy wedding stay.
- Australian Wedding Awards. Platypus Park Riverside Retreat was named one of the Top 10 Wedding Venues at The Australian Wedding Awards - a well-deserved achievement when viewing their incredible venue and working with their outstanding team.
“We had both our ceremony and reception. They were very flexible, and the venue was beautiful! We were able to do what we wanted. Our guests loved the venue, and they had a great time.” — Rachel S.