A short stroll from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House is the InterContinental Sydney, a luxury hotel with multiple grand event spaces. Housed in a heritage-listed Treasury Building, the InterContinental boasts historic decor, period furnishings, and vintage aesthetics.
“If you want something stunning and classy the Intercontinental Sydney is the place to go! The whole night was like a dream come true and the entire staff were so helpful! Our wedding co-ordinator Lauren made the whole process easy and stress free!” Nadia S
Weddings at the InterContinental Sydney absorb the venue’s timeless quality. There’s a sense of high-end luxury evident in the awe-inspiring sandstone archways, sweeping marble staircases, and a gorgeous Italian Portico. There are six event spaces to choose from that walk the line between respecting the historical origins and incorporating modern comforts. From spectacular ballrooms to intimate reception areas, guest lists of all sizes can be accommodated at the InterContinental Sydney.
When your night has come to an end, there’s no need to call an Uber; as a luxury hotel, just above your head, you’ll discover 509 gorgeous guest rooms and 28 luxury suites. You and your guests won’t have to worry about finding a comfy place to rest your dancing feet. We recommend checking in on the eve of your wedding so that you can get ready onsite in the morning!
InterContinental Sydney Event Spaces
- Treasury Room. Featuring a spectacular golden atrium and private entrance, this room has high ceilings, plenty of natural light, and vintage furnishings.
- James Cook Ballroom. As the largest room in the venue, the ballroom is perfect for showstopping weddings that require state-of-the-art audio-visual technology.
- Harbour Room. The Harbour Room is desirable for penthouse-style events. This elegant space offers guests a 200-degree view of the Opera House and Sydney Botanic Gardens.
- Heritage Room. Rich with period details, high ceilings, and abundant natural light, the Heritage Room can be paired with the Bridge Room for events that require larger floor space.
- Club InterContinental. An exclusive cocktail space floors above the CBD, select guests are granted access to Club InterContinental via a gilded lift.
What you’ll love about InterContinental Sydney for your wedding:
- World-class catering. The award-winning culinary team at InterContinental Sydney prepare gourmet and innovative menus. Your dishes will be customised to your requirements, and you can even request a signature cocktail to pair with your meal!
- The rich history. Located in a heritage building from 1852, the InterContinental Sydney features historic decor, period furnishings, and vintage amenities.
- Elite events management team. Events at the InterContinental Sydney receive rave reviews primarily due to the cohesive and experienced inhouse events team.
Highlights of InterContinental Sydney:
- Award-winning catering
- Heritage-listed hotel with a ballroom
- Minutes from Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
How late can my wedding go at the InterContinental Sydney?
Weddings typically end at midnight, but events can be extended for an additional fee.
How much does a wedding cost at InterContinental Sydney?
Packages start from $145pp. The Ceremony Package starts at $3,850.