The Terrace combines elegance, tradition, and contemporary style in a flexible “blank canvas” that is perfect for couples who have a specific theme and decor in mind. Set in the heart of Melbourne's iconic Royal Botanic Garden, The Terrace offers a seamless combination of city venue for your wedding day.
“Excellent! I was pregnant at the time and they revised the menu for me. Great pricing and they were able to assist us and work with our budget. They also organised a gondola entrance for us and the photos were incredible. Our guests loved the food and each table had their own waiter.” Donna R
The Terrace can comfortably accommodate up to 180 guests with a bridal table for a seated lunch or dinner, or up to 300 guests for a cocktail-style event. A flexible dancefloor will get the party started, and to cool down the floor-to-ceiling glass windows open onto the adjoining terrace. Overlooking Ornamental Lake, your guests can enjoy the gentle evening breeze as they gaze out at the peaceful gardens.
For catering, the inhouse Executive Chef is constantly evolving menus that feature modern cuisine and premium ingredients.
What you’ll love about The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne for your wedding:
- An iconic Melbourne landmark. The Royal Botanic Gardens are internationally renowned and are an Australian cultural icon. With the Melbourne CBD just minutes away, your wedding at The Terrace will be remembered for years to come.
- Exclusive hire of the venue. When you hire The Terrace, you don’t have to share the space with other events. This flexible “blank canvas” venue can be set up or decorated anyway you choose.
- Incredible photography locations. Within the gardens are hundreds of photography locations, from the themed lawns to the numerous lakes and ponds. The Yarra River is just a few minutes' walk, and other iconic venues like the NGV and Arts Centre are a short drive away.
Highlights of The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne as a wedding venue:
- An Executive Chef oversees the menu. A professional chef is continuously improving upon the already gourmet menu, specialising in Mediterranean, Asian, and Indian cuisines.
- There’s room for all your guests. The Terrace can accommodate up to 300 guests in a standing cocktail arrangement, or up to 120 seated guests and a dancefloor.
- Close to public transport. Being so close to the city means there are several public transport hubs. Richmond Station is a 10-minute walk, and Flinders is a leisurely 20-minute stroll.
“We had our wedding at The Terrace on the weekend and couldn't recommend it more highly. The venue is truly stunning, and the team are all absolutely amazing and did an absolutely outstanding job of making sure everything ran smoothly. Our guests all loved the venue, and we received a lot of positive comments about the delicious food and wonderful staff.” Ashlee D