Located on a sprawling landscape of vineyards and beautiful Victorian countryside, Mount Macedon Winery is a modern boutique winery wedding venue, located in the heart of the Macedon Ranges. This picturesque venue is surrounded by towering trees from the neighbouring regional park and offers stunning backdrops of the nearby mountain range.
Set on the western slope of Mount Macedon. Nestled in the Macedon Regional Forest, Mount Macedon Winery spans across 80 rolling acres including a boutique vineyard and farmland.Enjoy panoramic views and the peaceful environment of the countryside, all while being only an hour from Melbourne CBD or 40 minutes from the Airport.
With stylish accommodation for two, you can spend your entire wedding weekend on the grounds. The incredible Mount Macedon Winery Restaurant and Cellar Door boasts floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the picturesque vineyards.
You might choose to host your ceremony in the garden, barn or open lawn, followed by photos in the magnificent, scenic vineyards. Meanwhile, sunset cocktail hour kicks off on terrace, with your guests sampling beautifully crafted canapes and local grazing boards, all while sipping wine made right here on the grounds.
Complementing the venue’s idyllic surrounds, Mount Macedon Winery offers exceptional Australian food and wine menus and an array of wedding reception spaces that are stylish and modern — fit for an unforgettable wedding atmosphere. The dining experience for weddings at Mount Macedon Winery is all about embracing the best of local, seasonal fare, and the chef relies on the bounty of the region to create delicious meals that beautifully round out the food and wine-centric experience.
"Mount Macedon Winery was an absolute dream to get married at. We first went there for our first venue visit and immediately fell in love. With the autumn colours and the amazing views of the forest and having Mount Macedon as the backdrop, what more could we want! The staff at MMW are absolutely amazing. they are so accommodating and dealt with our millions of questions with poise and understanding. MMW are very flexible with your ideas and are happy to put your vision into reality. We are so happy we get to call MMW our wedding venue and will continue to visit for lunch and wine! Thank you so much." - Katie M.
What you can expect when you book Mount Macedon Winery for your Melbourne wedding:
- Modern wedding venue. Mount Macedon Winery is a luxurious vineyard wedding venue, complete with picturesque mountainside views, stylish accommodation, and a world-class restaurant.
- Delicious food menus. Mount Macedon Winery offers customisable wedding catering and beverages packages, with hearty meals made from select local produce. Whether you’re after a cocktail-style wedding, shared feast or traditional plated dinner, this venue can accommodate your wishes.
- Incredible wine. Mount Macedon Winery offers incredible wine that vino aficionados and sporadic wine enthusiasts alike will enjoy. The venue produces three estate varieties, including chardonnay, pinot noir and sparkling, all of which can be served at your wedding.
- Ceremony location options. Couples can choose from a range of ceremony locations, including romantic gardens, rustin repurposed barn, amongst the vines or in the recently converted cellar door.
- Stunning views. This winery wedding venue is situated right next to Macedon Regional Park, and offers panoramic views of Mount Macedon and the Macedon Ranges, not to mention the extensive, beautiful farmland the venue is set on!
What you’ll love about Mount Macedon Winery.
- Location. Mount Macedon is located one hour from metropolitan Melbourne and just over half an hour from Melbourne Airport. Guests will find this beautiful venue easy to reach and conveniently located.
- Pet-friendly. You’re more than welcome to bring your very own furry ring bearer. Mount Macedon Winery is a dog-friendly wedding venue and welcomes your fur babies to the ceremony.
- A charming overnight stay. There’s a lovely country cottage on the grounds that doubles as both a bright space for the bride to get ready on her wedding morning and a cosy retreat at the end of a beautiful wedding celebration.
- Wet weather options. Couples who book their wedding at Mount Macedon Winery won’t need to worry about wet weather on their special day, as this beautiful venue offers both indoor and outdoor ceremony options and undercover reception spaces.
- Plentiful photo opportunities. There are many aesthetically pleasing locations on the grounds for couples to have their wedding photos taken, including stunning, manicured gardens and in front of the mountainside.
Here’s what else you need to know about Mount Macedon Winery:
- Mount Macedon Winery hosts incredible weddings, and they are also available for engagement parties, hens parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.
- Mount Macedon Winery’s fabulous restaurant can be enjoyed by all - no special occasion required. Enjoy a day away from the city and graze on a cheese board, drink some wine and enjoy the mountainside views - which you can see from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Mount Macedon Winery can assist you in finding the right celebrant, photographer, florist, hairdresser and wedding cake baker - whatever you need! This experienced team has worked with many of the local suppliers and can recommend someone who fits your personality and wedding style.
- This delightful venue offers wine tastings, so whether you want to taste test some wines before landing on a beverage package or simply want to enjoy a good drink, Mount Macedon Winery has you covered.
Is there accommodation on-site or nearby?
There's one country cottage at Mount Macedon Winery, which most couples book as their bridal suite the night of, their wedding. The stylish accommodation features a large wood-fire, comfy king bed, large spa bath, heating and cooling, a private outdoor deck and a fully equipped kitchen. There are a few hotels and plenty of beautiful homsteads in the area that the friendly staff can recommened.
What event spaces are available for a wedding ceremony?
Wedding ceremonies can be held either indoors or outdoors, including in the venue’s romantic gardens, on the manicured lawns as the sun sets directly behind you, amongst the vines, in the repurposed barn or the recently converted cellar door.
What real wedding couples are saying about their Mount Macedon Winery wedding:
"Mount Macedon Winery is an absolutely stunning wedding venue. Everything was taken care of and everything was done to perfection. The food and wine were outstanding and the presentation was just perfect. The staff were fantastic to work with both in the lead up to and on our big day. The restaurant setting was stunning, the deck offered a great place to mingle outside and the grounds were the most beautiful setting for our ceremony and photos. It was wonderful for our guests (and us!) to just arrive and have everything be taken care of in one place. We had the wedding of our dreams at Mount Macedon Winery and we would not change a single thing!" - Marthe D.
From the moment we drove down the perfect long driveway at Mount Macedon Winery, we knew there was no need to keep searching. With a beautiful view of the Macedon Ranges, Highland Cattle in the yard, a golden retriever, friendly staff who never stop smiling, the perfect relaxed vibe that makes you feel at home instantly, a dining room overlooking vines and incredible wines.... what more could you ask for?! Elisha and her team at MMW made wedding planning the easiest task and were always there to ease your stress and make you laugh. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for making an incredible dream become an even more incredible reality. MMW will always be one of our favourite places." - Lara S.