Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern is an exquisite, historic wedding venue nestled in the Adelaide Hills. It boasts stunning award-winning Heritage Gardens, a 19th-century Victorian mansion, elegant functions rooms complete with original William Morris Wallpaper, and sweeping lawns perfect for a marquee wedding. For renowned menus, quality service, and a touch of class, look no further!
If you’ve always dreamt of a grand, fairytale wedding glowing with history and elegance, you’ll adore what the stunning Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern have to offer. With gorgeous light-filled ballrooms, lush, award-winning gardens, sparkling Swarovski chandeliers, charming old-world detailing, and scrumptious contemporary cuisines, you can’t go wrong! Whether you desire a spectacular outdoor celebration or a romantic, indoor affair, Auchendarroch House won’t disappoint. Expect enchanting sites around every corner, stories held within every sandstone wall, and genuine passion and care from each team member.
“We held both our ceremony and reception at Auchendarroch House. Michelle (functions coordinator) was fantastic to deal with. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of. Every detail was taken care of. Many guests commented on the high quality of the food served and that there was plenty offered. Highly recommend this venue!” — Melissa S.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern Adelaide:
- Exquisite indoor and outdoor wedding settings. Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern offer truly unique, unforgettable ceremony and reception spaces you and your loved ones will adore. The majestic, award-winning gardens, lush, sweeping lawns, historic function rooms, dazzling ballrooms, and surrounding verandahs are all at your fingertips, depending on your chosen wedding style.
- Superb culinary experience. Renowned head Chef — Andrew Norris — brings his extensive cooking experience, refined culinary skills, and innovative ideas to weddings at Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern. Having spent months sailing across the seas with people from various backgrounds and nationalities, cooked for the Queen and multiple celebrities, and created a $10,000 meal for just two people, Andrew’s love, passion, and appreciation for the art of cooking have only grown.
- Rich history. If you’re looking for a historic wedding venue, you’ve come to the right place. Built in 1860, redeveloped in 1878, and restored by the Wallis Family, Auchendarroch House has seen and lived through many grand stories and notable figures throughout time. With period features, William Morris’ signature wallpaper, original timber floorings and oak fireplaces, your wedding will be nothing short of history, elegance, and timelessness.
What Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern weddings are like:
- Stunning historic 19th-century wedding venue
- Award-winning Heritage Gardens
- Beautiful indoor and outdoor wedding settings
- Exceptional menus and catering options
- Partners with Australian Hiring Company
- Recommended suppliers
- Endless photo opportunities
- Passionate, dedicated team
- 30-minutes from Adelaide CBD
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern Adelaide?
Auchendarroch House and Oak & Iron Tavern can accommodate up to 180 guests for a unique, historic wedding experience.
“Beautiful venue. Picture perfect! Everything worked out exactly how we planned it. The weather and setup could not have been any better. Thank you so much to all the team at Auchendarroch House — especially to Michelle for all of your efforts. We really appreciated it.” — Chelsea R.