Exclusive, enchanting, and sophisticated: Ginninderry Homestead is one of Canberra’s best-kept secrets when it comes to breathtaking wedding venues. Capture a moment in time and host your special day on this magnificent estate which offers both ceremonies and receptions. Rich in old-world charm and vintage sophistication, Ginninderry Homestead is an inspired choice for any wedding celebration.
A mere 20 minutes from the heart of Canberra, Ginninderry is a fairytale-esque escape that will have you in the romantic mindset right from your arrival. The homestead itself offers a tranquil country retreat with four queen ensuite rooms, a formal lounge, a breakfast room, and an upstairs sitting area.
Explore 70 acres of park-like gardens, which set the scene for a romantic ceremony with views of distant mountain ranges. The meticulously maintained gardens are also ideal for wedding portraiture post-ceremony; your wedding photographer will be spoilt for choice with the selection of stunning backdrops.
For your wedding celebration, your guests will marvel at the ornate beauty of the Grand Reception Centre with its high ceilings, chandeliers, fireplace, and spectacular views from the French doors and outdoor entertaining area. Enjoy a delicious and personalised menu from Ginninderry Homestead’s in-house award-winning chef.
"Dear Amelia & Family, we just wanted to send you a very heartfelt thank you for everything you did for us on our amazing wedding day. It couldn't have been more perfect, we feel so lucky to have had our wedding in such a beautiful place. The gardens were immaculate as was the reception room. So many of our family and guests were impressed with the beautiful setting and the food! Your professionalism and calm manner added to the enjoyment of the entire weekend for us both. Thank you so much for such wonderful lifelong memories’ - Tracey and Ian
What you'll love about your wedding at Ginninderry Homestead:
- Picturesque surrounds. Discover the rolling acreage of Ginninderry Homestead with ornate water features, a burbling creek, and lush, green gardens. The backdrop of Ginninderry's mountainous landscape makes this a wedding location that is as breathtaking as it is statement-making.
- Stunning accommodation. Prepare for your wedding day in style in one of the elegant ensuite rooms of Ginninderry Homestead. The Georgian-style building is tastefully furnished in keeping with the old-world romance of the surroundings. Be sure to get some wedding morning photographs as you prepare in this beautiful space.
- An all-inclusive offering. Ginninderry Homestead has it all: award-winning dining, luxurious accommodation, plus gorgeous reception and ceremony spaces. Allow the expert wedding coordination team to take any troubles off your mind with their warm and attentive approach. Rich in natural beauty, this venue also requires minimal decoration.
What weddings at Ginninderry Homestead are like:
- 70-acre estate
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
- Talented culinary team
- Exclusive year-round hire
- A private space for your celebrations
- Thorough communication in the lead-up to your day
- Ample beautiful photo opportunities
- Beautiful spaces for wedding preparations
- Flexible and accommodating with special requests
"This is truly one amazing venue. From when we first visited, to the wedding day the staff were fantastic and so accommodating. The gardens, the food, and the overall ambience make Ginninderry such a special venue. Thank you to Pam and Amelia for making our wedding such a perfect day." – Lisa and Tim