Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts are synonymous with luxury and the Cairns address consistently receives five-star reviews, provides exceptional customer service, and offers world-class dining.
Positioned on the waterfront - strolling distance from the Trinity Inlet dining precinct and iconic Esplanade Lagoon - Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns is a perfect venue for weddings of all situations and sizes. This friendly destination offers 16 impressive event spaces for couples to choose from and caters for wedding parties of up to 400 guests. There are graceful indoor and outdoor areas, suited to both formal and relaxed occasions, while ceremonies can be in the forest garden which is an enchanting corner of the grounds that makes the most of the Hotel's tropical location.
After your wedding guests can retreat to their welcoming suites and, being a hotel and wedding venue in the same building, offers the convenience of staying on-site eliminating the need for taxis or ubers with the wander from reception to room taking minutes. Your guests can enjoy a drink and room service on their private balcony in the evening before a casual breakfast in The Backyard the next morning. The happy couple can stay in the hotel’s Royal Suite which couldn't be more suited to wedding-day preparations and heavenly post-party hibernation.
“Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns is completely true to its name. It is a beautiful property with stunning rooms, and a prime location - just a two-minute walk from the Reef Fleet Terminal where many of the Great Barrier Reef tours depart.” - Anne
What you can expect when working with Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns for your wedding:
- A stunning venue. Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns boasts a contemporary design, elegant function spaces and memorable marina views.
- World-class service. The care and attention to detail at Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts is unrivalled with impressive customer service standard at this celebrated five-start address.
- Incredible food. Every meal served to guests - be it canapés, entrées, mains, desserts or a serviced buffet - is delicious, well-presented, and substantial.
Here’s what else you need to know about Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns.
- Customised wedding packages - Shangri-La's experienced team can tailor a wedding package to suit your preferences, needs, whims and budget.
- The Backyard - Shangri-La has a popular on-site restaurant called The Backyard with Executive Chef Aaron Habgood, who has worked in top hotels right around Australia, creating delicious dishes from the Far North's famous local produce.
- Location - This five-star address is in the heart of the Far North's most significant settlement just 10 minutes from Cairns airport. It is also close to an endless list of bucket-list attractions like the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef, the waterfalls and farm gates of the Atherton Tablelands, boutique breweries and country pubs, sleepy Northern Beaches settlements, the Kuranda Skyrail and scenic train, bucolic weekend markets and Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
What’s the accommodation like at Shangri-La?
Each of the sophisticated guest rooms and suites at Shangri-LaThe Marina, Cairns features a private balcony or walk-out terrace - that frames a view across Trinity Bay, the abundant courtyard gardens, or Marlin Marina - with other features including a TV, bathrobes, slippers and safe.
There are various room categories for the wedding party and guests, with those looking for something special selecting a stay on the Horizon Club level where floor-to-ceiling windows and a glass wall separating the bedroom from bathroom deliver those marvellous water vistas to every corner of the serene space.
“Loved the resort and the staff are very nice and helpful and everything was 5 star all the way. We cannot rate your resort any higher, it is in a perfect location and has everything within walking distance. Loved it.” - Tony