Nestled amongst the Blue Mountains, on the Hawkesbury River, Hawkesbury Country Retreat offers impressive waterfront and mountain views. You’ll find many picturesque spots for photo opportunities on the 20-acre property: in the orchard or under the 7,000 fairy lights outdoor archway, to name just two. With an all-inclusive offering, this is Blue Mountains wedding venue made to enchant and impress.
Less than an hour’s drive from Sydney, Hawkesbury Country Retreat provides a rural oasis for you and your guests. With ample accommodation, on-site parking, and an all-inclusive offering, this is the ideal location for a weekend country wedding experience. Relax with your guests as the specialist team from Hawkesbury Country Retreat takes care of the wedding preparation and liaises with your vendors.
Hawkesbury Country Retreat is pet friendly, with 20 acres of gardens and grounds for your furry friends to enjoy and explore. Your younger guests will also adore family-friendly features like the exotic bird aviary and petting zoo. With professional and personalised service, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your guests are well taken care of.
Select your catering vendors of choice with the commercial kitchen and bar facilities on site. Should you wish to hire food trucks or other mobile food suppliers, there is ample room for them to set up. ‘The Stables’ and 'The Shed' provide the perfect wet weather ceremony option or indoor reception venues . Minimal styling is required with the gorgeous props supplied for your use and the surrounding natural beauty.
“I found Hawkesbury Country Retreat the ideal wedding location if you want to ensure that your wedding stands out as truly “you”. The venue is truly a hidden gem - The grounds are amazing for the perfect photoshoot, the props and accessories available are wonderful and ensure that you can customise your settings to truly reflect your style for your special day and Anna and her staff go above and beyond to ensure that your day is everything you want it to be. I would highly recommend you take the time to explore this amazing venue when looking for the perfect wedding experience.” — Sue M
What you’ll love about working with Hawkesbury Country Retreat for your Blue Mountains wedding:
- Stunning Hawkesbury River frontage. Although rich in many beautiful assets, Hawkesbury Country Retreat’s crown jewel has to be the Hawkesbury River. Lined with trees and featuring a decked area perfect for ceremonies, the Hawkesbury River frontage provides a serene and picturesque backdrop.
- Your choice of beautiful outdoor wedding locations. Hawkesbury Country Retreat offers many stunning sites for your wedding ceremony and reception dotted over the property. Taking advantage of the gorgeous river views and natural beauty of the landscape, these spots can cater for weddings of all sizes and styles.
- Dedicated wedding specialists. The dedicated team of Wedding Specialists at Hawkesbury Country Retreat live and breathe weddings. They know how unique the property is, and they delight in sharing it will couples and guests. Six months prior to your wedding date, you will meet with the event team to discuss your wedding theme and aesthetic. The team will liaise closely with you and your vendors to ensure a smooth and memorable experience.
Highlights of working with Hawkesbury Country Retreat for your Blue Mountains wedding:
- Outdoor Archway with 7,000 fairy-lights
- Riverfron area for ceremony & receptions
- Indoor & Outdoor options
- Catering for weddings of up to 550 guests
- Men's + Women's toilet block
- Hundreds of beautiful wedding props for your free use
- Walk-in exotic bird aviary and Petting Zoo
- Commercial kitchen and bar facilities for your choice of caterers to use
- Professional, friendly staff and service
- Perfect photo locations for you and your wedding party
- Complimentary off-street parking for all guests
- We are an LGBTQ+ Friendly Venue
What kinds of onsite accommodation does Hawkesbury Country Retreat offer?
There is ample room for you and your guests at Hawkesbury Country retreat, with on-site accommodation at the beautiful homestead, plus glamping available if required or desired. The homestead is the perfect place for pre-wedding hair and make-up and for post-wedding relaxation.
“Hawkesbury Country Retreat is an absolutely beautiful venue. We were so amazed at how beautiful it was. The staff have done so much work to the property since the recent floods. They have put their heart and soul into bringing this property back to the beautiful property that it is. The staff are amazing and make you feel like part of the family. It was perfect for us as we could customise it to our taste. Anna and her staff have an endless amount of props and accessories for you to choose from. The grounds are amazing and there are so many choices for photoshoots. Anna and her staff made sure that our day was perfect, and it was more than we expected. It is definitely worth checking it out. We would love to have another event there.” — Amanda K.
Congratulations on your engagement!
I will work closely with you to ensure your dream wedding becomes a reality. I would love to show you around the venue and chat all things wedding with you. To make an appointment, please get in touch with me today!